Coopers Community

3rd brew in Coopers DIY :)

Brandis

Put down a batch in the cellar the other day.

Im kind of curios on this one since i happend to buy wrong yeast (i was in a hurry)

Was meant to be Danish Lager smackpack, but if munich goes well, with d-rest and all, i hope this is gonna be a good europan lika draught/lager.

1 can Coopers OG Draught

1 kg LDM

400 g Dextrose

200 g maltodextrin

12 g Hallertau Hersbr\xfccker ("teabag")

12 g Saaz ("teabag")

1 pkg Wyeast Munich Lager smackpack

Made to 21,5 liters

The first batch i did with the kit following DIY probably got oxidated somehow, smells and still tastes as green apples, however im letting it mature on bottles for a month or so longer (it is 2 weeks since i bottled)

Second brew was a slightly modified Mexican Cerveza, i think the yeast (used coopers aleyeast on this one) was not in best condition since it has a very slow carbonationprocess and the yeast is not "sticking" to the bottles bottom yet (10 days in bottle)Giving this a rest for about a month aswell.

The current brew i am thinking of keg about 15 liters in so called PartyKegs (5 liters each) and the remaining in bottles.

Will leave until august to mature (if i can :) )

Any good advices on d-rest? Read many, im thinking of leaving it a coule of extra days in the basement (temp right now 11 degres and slowly raisning up against 14 i guess by the end of my brewcycle). Would that be a good idea or should i bring it up to around 20 for a couple of days and then cool it down again?

Archived