Coopers Community

Bloody Forums!!

Lord Of The Dans

Does anyone else have the same problem I do? Log onto home brew forum, to do some reading, maybe learn a little something.... And before you know it, you're hankering for a beer. The problem is, I've only had my first batch in the bottle for twelve days now. So I had a Little Creatures Bright Ale. Then a Guiness. Then a sparkling Ale. Ah, bugger it, I've put a bottle in the fridge, looks like the taste test is happening 16 days earlier than anticipated![biggrin]

Trying your first batch far too early is an essential rite of passage in home brewing. It's a good way to get an idea what's happening with your brew over time. It also makes you appreciate your 10th brew that you've let age for 6 months that much more!

[biggrin] hehe, I use the excuse that I just better check the carbonation. Just make sure you put a half dozen aside from each batch for a vintage selection for special occasions or you may regret it. Go for it[biggrin]

For the record, it was;

Thomas Coopers traditional Draught 1.7kg

Coopers wheat malt extract 1.5 kg

200g dex

250g steeped caramalt with cascade hops boiled at about 15min and 5 min,

pitched with US 05 yeast

Or something along those lines. I'd have to find the brew log in the shed to be certain, but so far, so good. Very happy with my first batch so far [biggrin]

THANK YOU, YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE AT COOPERS!!

Archived