Coopers Community

Maple Brown Ale

SamL3

Greetings, well the Chocolate stout turned out to be a whopper of a brew, have some set aside to age. Bottling a blonde today, ABV will be aprrox 6 percent then I was toying around with the idea of a Maple Brown Ale, being in Canada we have some really brilliant maple syrup, I have just got my hands on some local product, here is my plan, 1 Coopers Dark Ale kit, 1kg of DME and 300G of Maple Syrup, don't think I need to add any dextrose, as the syrup has a load of natural sugars. Thoughts...

I've never tried anything like that myself, but your fellow Canadian CraigTube tried making an OS Lager with maple syrup, and he said that the syrup gave the beer an appley aftertaste. Here's the video:

Ok so I held off on the Maple Brown idea, until I look into things a little further. I bottled the Canadian Blonde today and wow it is sitting at 6.2 ABV, it definatly is going to need some time in the bottle. I just put down a IPA with 1kg of DME and 500g of dextrose, should be lovely at just under 5% ABV

I just put down a IPA with 1kg of DME and 500g of dextrose' date=' should be lovely at just under 5% ABV[/quote']

Hey Sam

No doubt it will be lovely, but if you made that to 23 litres your ABV should be between 5.4 and 5.8%, I'm tipping closer to 5.8%.

Archived