Coopers Community

Leaking keg

BirkdaleBob

I have a problem with a keg which leaks from the OUT post. I have three kegs, and only have the problem with one, which I suspect rules out a problem with the out line disconnect. I have replaced the upper O ring with new ones twice, but the problem remains. I did the replacement bit this afternoon while running water out of the keg after cleaning it (again).

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how did you fix it? I am thinking that I may have to replace the whole post, although the leak is from the top, which is what made me suspect the disconnect originally

Bob

I think I'm experiancing the same problem.

No bubbles in the final lager when you pour it from the tap to the glass? thats the problem I have. Why do you think you are losing C02?

The only thing I can think of is marking the kegs 1 through to 4 and the keg lids in the same way, keeping good records of the brews I am producing. Then through elemination I may be able to fine a good keg and the bad ones.

Hope this helps, I know its really frustrating.

Stu.

A good way of testing a keg is to pressurise it when it is empty and submerge the top in a bucket of water or the laundry tub. If you have bubbles, you have a leak. I usually pull the posts apart every twelve months and give them a good clean up. The out post in particular can gum up with beer and stick in the open position after you have removed the fitting.

Frank - Coopers Brewery

Archived