Coopers Community

Adding Mr. Beer Hopped Malt Extract to Coopers Kit For That Extra Something?

EvannaP

Hello All! Noob from Western Ky. here. I have been lurking for awhile and gleaning all I needed from the forums, but now I'm stuck. [crying]

I'm a cheapskate and a packrat. If I see a bargain I just buy and squirrel it away for later soooo I saw this Mr. Beer 3 pack:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005O68M

and thought it a fairly cheap way to gather more ingredients (no supply shop anywhere near where I live dammit!)

Now I'm wondering how best to use these with my Coopers kits. I've read several toucan recipes and I figure this will allow me to make a smaller version of those.

Right now I have the Coopers Wheat package (complete) I have NO hops at all yet (all has to be ordered online) and I'm wondering how or IF to add this: http://www.mrbeer.com/product-exec/product_id/5/nm/Whispering_Wheat_Weizenbier

to my Coopers kit.

If you wise and learned brewers think this could improve the brew, please chime in concerning what amounts and additives are needed to balance the flavor and give a decent ABV. I have read that it's best to ditch the Mr. Beer "beer booster" (yea or nay or add a bit of it also?) and of course the Coopers kit comes with its own dextrose.....sooooo whatcha think?

Also, the Mr. Beer 3 beer pkg. comes with a Vienna Lager and Canadian Draft as well. Which Coopers kits would these compliment the most (assuming I should mix them at all)

Thanks sooo much! I am loving my new obsession and have enjoyed reading all the sage advice here! Cheers! [love]

Welcome to the forum Evanna!

I've got a little experimental experience with Mr Beer products, but I'm far from an expert. They're not bad products at all, well suited to their recipe template.

I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't compliment Coopers can recipes. I would definitely use the Coopers yeast or a specialty strain (there's lots of them around).

Have fun with this craft! I know I am [cool]

Archived