Coopers Community

Re-useable bottles

George J

That's why I like the Paulaner bottles most of all! They are amber glass,just a little lighter than brown. You can actually see the color of the beer through them. Not to mention,the added bonus of the embossed,bearded monks busts around the shoulder of the bottle.

I also forgot to mention Smuttynose bottles are good to go too.

I've noticed that the Sam Adams bottles are a lighter brown than the usual. The Franziskaner's are amber with a touch of green. Their weisse beer shipped very well in them,so they should be great for our purposes.

I also prefer glass, but the plastic bottles are just way to easy to use. Putting the tops on them is far easier then capping the glass bottles.

Not with a good bench capper...

It is a one handed operation ! Fill with left hand whilst right hand caps the previously filled bottle.

hmmm. i have never seen those Paulaner bottles. Will go visit the local booze shop to see if I can get my hands on those..

It's a German bier. They have the Salvator doppel bock,Hefewitzen,& one other I've forgotten the name of. I have a whole bunch of them. And the labels slip off real easy too. I just soak them in PBW solution for a couple hours & take a bottle brush & dobie to them inside & out real quick. They're so easy to clean,& seal real well.

I'm based in Hastings.

Hey George im Hastings based too where are u getting your $35 PETs from?? Richardsons Pharmacy on corner of King and Hereatunga st sell em for about $18 a box of 15, Mind you it been a year or so since i brought plastic bottles.

If ya wanna try glass bottles do the rounds of the bottle stores and see if they will sell you ABC creates, thats what i did and i know have 7 or 8 creates and only cost me about $5 a crate.

If you want the coopers range (Australian pale ale, stout, dark ale, Mexican etc) try pac n save otherwise i use brewshop.co.nz as their prices are the best I've seen anywhere especially for the Thomas Coopers range.

Ok, this is really embarrassing, its not $70 for 2 boxes, but $35 for 2 boxes.. I better stop posting after sampling a few bottles [roll]

I'll go around the bottle stores and try my luck. What are ABC crates? do you mean those wooden crates of long neck returnable Tui's? I have been buying my kits from pak 'n' save but they dont have a very large selection. I have been looking for the Coopers Canadian blonde so will give the brewshop.co.nz guys a try.

I just bottled my draught into a bunch of Corona, Hop Hocker and Cooper's pale ale bottles. I expect the Coopers bottles will leak because those are twist tops. I realised after I finished filling them![annoyed]

Archived