Coopers Community

Two-can stout

AnthonyR1525228508

I have a few cans of Coopers Stout thanks to a big discount at the supermarket - $6.50 not bad!

But I don't have a can of the Dark Ale, so can I substitute 2 cans of stout for the Cooper's best stout recipe? Would it be too much of a departure from the desired result?

Also, can the Krausen Kollar kope, sorry cope with the foam if I start with 23l?

I've read about people using two stout cans, but can't remember the results. So sorry can't help much with that. [pouty]

But I made the toucan with the stout & dark ale to 23 litres and fermented at about 19C, the Kr\xe4usen Kollar coped fine with the foam. At its highest it was still about 10cm away from the lid! Very happy and once the Kollar is removed the fermenter walls are shiny clean! [biggrin]

Couple o weeks ago i did a stout can plus a pale ale can with both yeasts for a delicious black n tan, even at 19 litres (for kegging) the fermenter turns into a volcano. I use a 6mm line coming out of the lock into a bucket half filled which takes care of it.

Archived