Coopers Community

No Frills Kits

McFrankel

OK as I mentioned on a previous post my Grandad bought me a couple of home brand kits to which I have ptu to good use by experimenting with [biggrin]. This got me thinking who actually make the no frills beer kits? Are they the inferior products that are rejected by the major companies (2nds I suppose) or do they actually contract out to the big breweries (Coopers, Tooheys, Cascade or maybe even Brigalow)?

My only other suggestion is that they wait for the Fitzroy River to flood and rund down there can it and sell it [bandit]

Cheers

Mark

Early on I was told that Coopers make the best malts in Australia. Over the years, that has certainly proved true. I now keep away from anything other than Coopers. Not only for the malts but also the yeasts, which seem to be as good or better than any dried yeast on the market.

The only time you might stray is if you get a specialty European malt or buy some specialty liquid malts.

Keep in mind though that the Thomas Coopers range is much better than the supermarket range.

The amount of extra cost of making a decent brew is minimal, compared to the savings over buying quality beer. You can make beer cheaper, but there is no point if it doesn't taste very good.

Tricky I agree life is too short to drink bad beer. However when they are given to you I figure why not experiment. If it don't work out then I keep it for when the in laws drop by [bandit].

I was just curious as to who supplies Wollies (and previously Coles) with there home brand kits

Archived