Coopers Community

New to the brewing world. Few questions on my mexican cerveza.

RyanP2

Hey all just layed my first ever brew and just wondering yo know when i can bottle.

Im doing a Mexican Cerveza for my 1st brew. Temps between 24 and 27 over 5 days.

Took my first reading before adding yeast and was sitting at 1.040 and tested my hydrometer prior and was spot on.

Ive just taken a reading after 5 days and its 1.010 the air lock has stopped and there looks to be a good amount of sediment on the bottom.

Is this a good reading for mexican cerveza? ive had a look around on the net and people are saying 1.000 to 1.006 i know its not much diff but its my first brew and do not have a clue LOL. Just wanna make sure its right 1st time.

Thanks guys.

The important thing is that you get consistent SG readings over 2 days or more, then you can bottle, you need to make sure it is not still falling. (Ignore the airlock! TM)

There is no harm in leaving a few days to a week after fermentation has finished before bottling, I do that as routine.

The temperature you fermented at is a bit high, if you can manage it, try to stick closer to 21 degrees to avoid off flavours.

Cheers

Dan

Yeah its alittle hard keeping the temps down as i have stored it in my spare room because my garage was way to hot. Yeah ill leave it for now and take another reading this time tomorrow. I had a smell of it tonight when i took the reading and smelt good. So hopefully it will be ok.

Thanks for the advice.

Archived