Coopers Community

Priming sugars...

Chimps

Hi all,

[pouty] I dont want to be a pain with what is probably a real noobie question - will my brews turn out worse if I prime with ordinary white sugar (eg. CSR)? Or is it better to use Dextrose or some other type?

Thanks in advance!

I've had no problems with using just regular sugar or the carb drops going on near 100 brews now, the odd bottle now and again is flat as a tack but thats my fault adding no sugar at all. But there hasn't been many.

I may have to give bulk priming a go soon.

I've had no problems with using just regular sugar or the carb drops going on near 100 brews now, the odd bottle now and again is flat as a tack but thats my fault adding no sugar at all. But there hasn't been many.

[pinched] [pinched] [pinched] 98 brews and no bulk prime????[crying] [crying] your beer owes you about 49 hours![lol] [lol] Johno, I say just do it!

[pinched] [pinched] [pinched] 98 brews and no bulk prime????[crying] [crying] your beer owes you about 49 hours![lol] [lol] Johno, I say just do it!

I know mate, i've only just got back into it after a spell from brewing so will have to look at it seriously.

Archived