Coopers Community

Euro Lager toucan suggestions

Martyn

Have got a can of Euro lager hanging around asking to be brewed, I fancy doing a toucan but not sure what would go with it.

Any suggestions for an extra can and any hop additions greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Martyn.

HI mate i would try 2 cans of the euro lager and 1kg of light dry malt mixed to 20L and brewed at 13 digrees for 2-3 weeks this will make a strong brew havnt done it myself im thinkn after the stout im brewing at the moment ill try somthing like this but probly usind the heritage lager insted as recommended in the how to brew section

I bottled a Euro Lager toucan 7 August 2010. I used 2 cans of EL + 1kg of Light Dry Malt + about 200gms of Coopers Carbonation drops (that were stuck together, so I disolved them in about 500mls of boling water and added to the wort). made to 23L and brewed between 14-18C. I re-used a Salflager 34/70 yeast and 1 EL packet yeast.

They have only been in the bottle 12 days, so I can't give a report on the brew. Recommendations are for 13 weeks bottle conditioning prior to consumption. Might be a good Melbourne cup quaffa![biggrin]

Cheers gents, look like 2 very nice brews and very similar.

Trusty, is that your EL toucan you were doing when I had my EL onecan in ferment? What are you expecting it to turn out like? If you remember Melbourne Cup give us an update.[bandit]

Last night I HAD to go into a national supermarket (nothing super about it though!)that sounds like holes [bandit] and acquired a Canadian Blonde and Pale Ale for $6.90 each and an Original Series Draught for $5.40. Now I have in stock EL, CB, PA, Draught and a Real Ale (though this is earmarked for my Unreal Honey Ale recipe which I'm doing next). Not sure which would go better together? Would the EL and the draught can as the sugars be good, maybe plus 500g of malt?

Would like to try something adventurous but not sure of the outcome.

Thanks for suggestions.

Cheers,

Martyn.

Paul posted a recipe consisting of Pale Ale and Real Ale toucan with 1kg of dex and some nelson sauvin hops to be along the lines of the Coopers Extra Strong Vintage Ale, I brewed this and am just giving it some time in the bottle. I couldn't get NS hops, so just threw in some east Kent Goldings as a late dry hop addition. Again, I'll let you know when I try one. I reckon the PA and Draught could conjure some OK.

The other variation I have tried is using a PA kit with a can of Coopers Wheat Malt Extract. I have that brew in the keg now and am quite enjoying it. Think I threw in 500gms of dex for an ABV boost, also.

Not sure if my EL toucan was in at the same time as your EL. I bottled mine 7 August and it was in the tub for around 20 days! I did have a toucan lager (from another brewer that I don't think I need to use again) where I used a can of the other breweries liquid brewing sugar ( again, no need to use again) and 1kg of LDM. Bottled 30.6.2010. Am ready to have a stubby as trial tonight after 7 weeks, an early tasting revealed a harsh alcohol taste, reminiscent of a whiskey beer combo. I hope it has/will mellow in the bottle!

Paul posted HERE a recipe for your Canblonde kit. It is on my to do list. There is a review of Duvel in winter BEER AND BREWERMagazine that got my juices flowing!

Archived