Coopers Community

A quick question from a noob, and big hello from the uk!

AdiH

Hey you aussie guys and gals. Hows things down under?

Im just on my second brew, first was the standard lager which was really nice for a first attempt.

Ive gone for the lager again, but used brew enhancer 1 this time, and filled the fermenter to 23l. (23L could of been a mistake cause it says 25L on this site for the lawnmower lager)

Question is: Is it still going to work? and if so what will the % will it be in the end. Really looking forward to it and planning my next brew. (need more bottles lol)

Cheers guys!

I don't think it will work, throw it out - nahh, just kidding.

The exact %ABV will depend on your attenuation, but should be around the 4.4-4.8 mark (depending also on the brew enhancer used). You can check out approximate %ABV HERE.

The Lawnmower Lager is a mid strength[pinched] beer, you have made a full strength [love] beer.

Good one!

and a big g'day to the UK from Oz! Tell the Queen I said g'day, will ya![biggrin]

We are lucky here in Australia, when we need more bottles we can just go to the local bottlo and buy some more reusable Coopers longnecks, the advantage is that they are full of beer, and yeast!

Hey, thanks for the reply. Well that looks like a better % than the lawnmower then, ill see if i can calculate it.

Im gonna order some more bottles off the internet, dont know of anywhere round here that do home brew.

Ill try say hello to the Queen for you but ive yet to bump into her myself, been and looked at her small house once! lol

Welcome to the forum... im new here too.

With regards to your brew, you've made exactly the same as my first batch but i cant tell you much about how it tastes. Its one week into second fermentation at the moment but looks remarkably clear in the bottle. If theres any major drama i'll let you know in a week when i crack my first one!

• 2 weeks later...

Well i tried my first of this batch and have to say its better than anything ive bought of this style! My other half agrees... She doesnt drink beer often but we were fighting over who would get the last pour from the bottle cause i only chilled one to start with. I've been told the make another batch already!

Archived