Coopers Community

Party Tap

SRT

Does anyone have a fool proof way to use party taps?

I've got a pluto gun and don't have a drama with it, however if I use a party tap all I get is foam!

Turning the gas down, burping, etc etc does no good.

The party tap has a length of approx. 40cm.

Does anyone have any tips?

Otherwise, the bin they'll go...

Hi CMB, & welcome to the forum.

I've got a pluto gun and don't have a drama with it' date=' however if I use a party tap all I get is foam!

Turning the gas down, burping, etc etc does no good.

The party tap has a length of approx. 40cm.

Does anyone have any tips?[/quote']

It's likely to do with the difference in line length between your pluto gun setup, & the length of line connected to the party tap setup. If they are not the same length, then the resistance will be different, thus they will pour differently from the same keg. I'm betting the Pluto gun setup has a lot longer beer line. wink

Beersmith Blog: Keg Line Length Balancing - The Science Of Draft Beer

I use a picnic tap setup on my kegs, & they work with no problems. happy

If the beer lines are the same length, then the only other thing I can think of that would cause excessive foaming, is by not opening the tap up full when pouring.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Lusty.

• 2 months later...

Thanks the for replies.

The pluto gun does have a longer line...

I've given up on the party/picnic taps, chucked them in the corner and invested in a Kegerator Series 4, with triple Perlick 650ss biggrin

One happy brewer here!

2x Party Taps for sale...wink

Perlicks are great, I've got the 650SS ones too with flow control on them. Other than the usual foamy crap right at the beginning of a pour due to the tap(s) being warm, they pour a treat. Probably about time to dismantle and clean them out properly though... they've been in place for about a year and a half now. lol

I just show a little patience with the first pour, using the flow control closed to open and after same, that all good!

I had some drama with MFL push in connectors on my gas lines however all now sorted, returned and swapped them for MFL barbs - couldn't be happier!

Was a line problem, line that came with the kegerator obvious not happy with MFL pushins...

Archived