Coopers Community

Yeasts

Ol fart

I live in a town that doesnt have a decent brew shop. Its a cigarette shop that sells bits of brewing stuff as a sideline.

I'm about to put down a Coopers real ale with mods.

I have a pack of S-04 yeast

and a pack of T-58

and the yeast that comes with the kit [and some extras]

Whats my best option, I don't want to wait for a mail order,

or should I just wait for a mail order.

Hi Ol' Fart.

The Real Ale kit is a terrific kit full of flavour. My advice would be to use the S-04 & make your kit + mods brew.

If however, you feel a little more adventurous, & your store has the Australian Pale Ale kit on the shelves, you could make something along the lines of the Coopers DIY recipe: Extra Strong Vintage Ale '16.

That my friend, is an outstanding home brew beer. coollove

Cheers,

Lusty.

Ol' Fart, if you have some hops on hand, let us know what they are. There have been many iterations of this brew over many years using many different hops. The 2016 listing I linked for you is just one of many possibilities.

I've even brewed a lower ABV version of this basic mix that was absolutely terrific! From a kit perspective, the two can (toucan) base of this recipe opens many doors to many flavour options & ABV's.

Along side the two can stout Coopers kit based recipe, I don't think there is a better kit based recipe going around. . . . PERIOD. cool

Cheers,

Lusty.

Archived