Coopers Community

Is dark

CaffeinatedSentryGnome

Yes, it's all over the news here in W.A.

Maybe Victoria and Tasmania are next? surprised

I have a dream to disconnect from the electricity grid, and have a few friends which have on rural properties due to the cost outweighing grid connection costs.

Might be a market for a stand alone system which would see home brewers see out the storm!?

Hope you guys get your power back on soon.

A couple of times when we've had bad storms here we had no power for three days each time.

When that happens you realise that what you pay for electricity per day and what it

does makes it rather good value for money actually.

I've got solar panels that feed back into the grid. I'm keeping my eye on the price of

the batteries though. When they're a reasonable price I'll be buying. I'll probably add

extra panels to the roof too.

Same here ' date=' have the Kolsch in CC so I'll survive , hope Coopers have more reliable back up generators than the airport .....QA guys might be frothing at the mouth , end up dumping product leading to beer shortages ,riots and martial law

[/quote'] Usually, power supply is not a concern as we have our own plant. wink

Same here ' date=' have the Kolsch in CC so I'll survive , hope Coopers have more reliable back up generators than the airport .....QA guys might be frothing at the mouth , end up dumping product leading to beer shortages ,riots and martial law

[/quote'] Usually, power supply is not a concern as we have our own plant. wink

damn you ....i had to MaCgyver together an 8x AA battery / car charger so i could see the SA power reports on teewter ....had i known i would have come to say hello and bought a round

There are still places without power.

I think my brews are ok. The 2 pilsners got up to around 16c but it was only 14c outside so i just opened the fridge door. The hop slam us got up to 22ish so i did the same. The ginger beer seemed to stay around 20c but its been making huge bubbles in the fv.

Archived