Coopers Community

Coopers DIY Beer & Dan Murphy's promo???

N1KK0

Folks,

Now was it just me or did any one else spot the Coopers & Dan Murphy's promo listed at the bottom of the AUG Coopers Club email? See attachment for it

The gist of it was buy any Coopers extract can from DM's and get your choice of any of the Coopers fermentables boxes for free e.g BE1/2/3, LDME etc.

In theory thats a relatively compelling deal as whilst DM's prices aren't as good as the Cooper's shop (which I just placed another order with this morning for the excellent ROTM) but they're not far off on the INT and ORIG range. So tack another $5-8 value onto those and it's a very good buy IF you're ok with the limited stock they might have in your local DM's.

Now alas there's ZERO info about this online at either Coopers of DM's.......I went instore to my local DM's this morning and they knew NOTHING about it - which was rather embarrassing and was a PITA having made an hour round trip into town to stock up.

So I called the DM's main switch number and spoke to a staff member there at ~0945 this morning.....again he knew nothing of the promo.....asked his supervisor but he also knew nothing about the promo. Asked me to email him the newsletter and promised he'd follow up for me and get back ASAP - nothing as of yet.

So wondering if anyone has any further info on this promo??? Sorry to say it but at best it appears to have been poorly organised and the end provider doesn't know anything about it - at worst it might be a complete mistake/cockup. Has cost me an hour plus of my time so far so would welcome knowing what if anythings happening with it.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Nick :-)

Just noticed this too. I went to click on the bottom of the email for more info, but it just took me to the store locator. It doesn't say to bring anything to Dan's to redeem so I was going to drop by one on the way home and see if there was anything in store about it, sounds like there won't be.

Ok just got a reply from DM's staff member, which I don't think he'll mind me saying was a chap by the name of Samuel Beaulieu - might be handy to reference if you go instore.

His reply was:

Sorry for the delay it's been a pretty hectic day here. I've got confirmation that the offer does last until the 17th of August and is available in every store as long as they have stock. If you have any issues with a purchase, please feel free to give us a call and we'd be more than happy to help you out!

So I tried to do a few test orders online and found that they seem to limit it to ONE free fermentable per order (regardless of whether you buy one or 100 cans of extract). Thats pretty poor IMHO as not specified at all in the promo and clearly implies it's one for each can you buy.

SO........I placed 4 separate orders for one can of APA and got the free 500g LDME with it. There's no issue with placing multiple orders. So IF you want to order a few thats the best way I could find to work within the poor promo setup etc.

Alas my local didn't have a very big range of Coopers DIY gear - though I've actually written to them several times over the past few years asking if they will improve their range as Coffs Harbour is a very big retirement area and thats exactly the demographic that the Coopers DIY products hit.

Anyway hope this helps a few folks as if your local store has some stock of decent products you can get very good value via a few orders. Cheers, Nick

That deal is easier to get onto if you have a dan murphys member card and get their emails, just click links and off you go.

But yeah, you have to do the multiple order thing if you want more than one can/fermentable pair.

Thanks @mickc.

Yes, interesting DM's have obviously made a few changes overnight as they've now got a page up specifically for this deal:

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/bundleoffers/beer/coopers-brew-kit-offer

Each of their Coopers products that is eligible for this deal now has a 'Bonus Offer Available' link in it's display page - neither of these were up last evening - which considering the deal was launched the prior day (11th) is kinda shabby. Me thinks someone forgot to do it.

Overall if you can get the BE3(which is the best value of the fermentables with 1kg overall size (50% LDME, 25% Dex, 25% Maltodextrin) or even the 500g LDME it knocks $6-8 off the price of each can bought. Making both the Original and International line waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than I've ever seen them (and DM's prices on these are a few cents cheaper than TCC for the Original line and a few cents more expensive on the Intl line....$5 more on the TC line though :-/

So essentially if you're lucky with your local stores stock you can get a can of APA plus a BE3 for $15...which gives you the guts of many a mainstream recipe for perhaps the lowest price ever. Hard to turn up at that price - I grabbed 4 cans of APA and LDME boxes from my local. :-)

Archived