Coopers Community

So, I have a Brewart...

BeachBanjo

You didn't forget your priming sugar i hope wink

Bottling' date=' so using carbonation drops. Wouldn't be surprised if I missed a couple of bottles though.

All is not lost! You could try dosing the hop solution directly into each bottle.

That sounds like WAY too much effort... I got a BeerDroid so I didn't have to put any effort in don't you know?! /joke

Will re-opening the bottles at this stage not spoil the secondary process?

Will not adding the hops mean I have an undrinkable/nasty beer?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds like WAY too much effort... I got a BeerDroid so I didn't have to put any effort in don't you know?! /joke

lol

Will re-opening the bottles at this stage not spoil the secondary process?

It will be fine.

Will not adding the hops mean I have an undrinkable/nasty beer?

It should be clean enough (flavour and aroma) but it won't have any late hop character.

If you have a taste' date=' once the bottles are carbed up and decide it needs a little extra something, you can always add the late hop then. Just make sure to chill the bottles before opening. [img']wink[/img]

Second brew = first failure

Alas, my second ever brew (Coopers Pale Ale brewprint) was a complete failure. Got error messages on Saturday night saying that fermentation start was not detected. Had a few more since then so I will give it a decent burial tonight.

Could have been a dud packet of yeast or perhaps the water was too warm. It was a fairly warm day on Monday last week when I kicked off the brew.

I have a hydrometer somewhere I think from earlier brewing days but unfortunately I don't have time to look for it and restart as I'm going away for a few weeks shortly. My plan was to bottle this brew on the weekend.

I emptied the dead brew into a bucket on the way to throwing it out. It looked like beer, smelled like beer and tasted beerish so I bottled it to see how it goes. Turns out I didn't have a hydrometer after all so I'll get one to test in a couple of weeks.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... sideways

It may not have hit FG so have a look at the PETs (squeeze test) in a week.

Did you talk things through with Customer Service? If so, what's the plan of attack?

Hi everyone,

Thanks to the original poster - have enjoyed reading this thread and it's confirmed my decision to invest in a BeerDroid and BrewFlo.

Just a quick question - how long will beer last for in storage once it has been completed and fermeted and is ready to use? i.e. would you finish it off just before you were having people around and try to consume it all in the one sitting - or could you then store anything unused? If you could - how long could you actually keep it for - are we talking days/weeks/beyond?

Any help much appreciated.

Has anyone tried the low carb receipe yet?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question - how long will beer last for in storage once it has been completed and fermeted and is ready to use? i.e. would you finish it off just before you were having people around and try to consume it all in the one sitting - or could you then store anything unused? If you could - how long could you actually keep it for - are we talking days/weeks/beyond?

12 months storage for new brews. And once you connect your keg it should last months, just clean/change the lines if you haven't poured a beer for 4-5 day. I would be surprised if it lasts longer than a couple of weeks though as its only 5L per keg.

Hi all.

Thinking of buying the unit.

Can anyone give me the dimensions of both units?

Would like to know if I can fit them in somewhere.

Droid is 40mm wide, 50mm deep (from tap), 45mm tall

Flo is 30mm wide, 60mm deep (from drain), 60mm tall

Lol' date=' yep, add an extra 0 to all those measurements....... Time for another beer I guess [/quote']

Haha!

I thought that would produce very little beer.

Thank you CSG for your post. Much appreciated.

I think Santa may know what he needs to do now.......

I just tasted my first Brewart brew (American Pale Ale). It had only been conditioning for 10 days, but I ran out of patience biggrin I will let the rest condition properly though.

I was really pleased with it. It had some lovely malt and toffee notes, though I will admit to being a bit disappointed with some of the lighter notes missing. Will see how it develops over time.

For novice / time and space poor brewers, I highly recommend the system. I haven't homebrewed anything since ill-fated attempts at uni, so I will coming in as a complete novice, and the results are great.

I will be bottling the Coopers Artisan Reserve tonight and getting another brew on to ferment over Xmas - probably the Mountain Range IPA (which I assume is their Sierra Nevada knock off).

From the BrewArt Store:

Dimensions for BeerDroid: 52x49x50 cm with a weight of 14.4kg

Dimensions for BrewFlo: 53x36x59 cm with a weight of 16.1kg

We recommend the following dimensions: 900 W x 650 D x 900 H for both items to fit comfortably next to each other.

An estimated weight range would be around 40-50kg if the BeerDroid was full and brewing, and you had a keg in the BrewFlo.

New to making beer, have just kegged a Czech pils, the taste straight from the droid after fermentation was awesome the clarity was also good. Have to wait the two weeks before tasting..

Hopefully the warmer days in QLD won't disturb the secondary fermentation (20-27C).

Just bought a couple more kegs plus an Irish red and English pub draught. Any one tried these two?

Pete

So i've got one of these for xmas. Considering i paid $800 for it you'd think they'd put a 'Brewprint' in the box with it.Pretty poor start.Not happy. sad

Anyone know of any shops that stock 'brewprints' or am i going to have to order online and wait to use the thing.

Also any brewprint recommendations, like hoppy beers like hop thief or dark ales like Carlton Black.

So i've got one of these for xmas. Considering i paid $800 for it you'd think they'd put a 'Brewprint' in the box with it.Pretty poor start.Not happy. sad

Anyone know of any shops that stock 'brewprints' or am i going to have to order online and wait to use the thing.

Also any brewprint recommendations' date=' like hoppy beers like hop thief or dark ales like Carlton Black.[/quote']

The only shop that stocks Brewart stuff is Harvey Norman and the only Brewprint they sell is the American Pale Ale. This should be similar to Hop Thief and will get you started for brewing in the Beerdroid and then you can order other Brewprints online from Brewart.

Also no bottling valve included in the kit! Can i use my coopers one? Or do i have to buy one of those also?!

I haven't tried bottling from the Beerdroid since I use kegs. I just tried to see if the Coopers bottling valve will fit but it doesn't since the tap is a slightly different nozzle size. I read in the FAQ on the Brewart site that you can bottle straight from the tap without the bottling valve if you put the bottle on a slight angle on the nozzle and fill slowly. I don't think the bottling kit is worth it especially if you got heaps of bottles already and you can still fill the bottles without it.

As mentioned already, Harvey Norman are exclusive retailers for Brewart and only sell the APA Brewprint. Mountain Range IPA is probably a good one to try for starters but as mentioned, the APA from HN is pretty decent too. I bottle directly from the droid without too much hassle so no need for the bottle valve IMO.

Archived