Coopers Community

So, I have a Brewart...

BeachBanjo

Thanks Deeks.

Shitty news about your Droid. I must say that when I returned my Droid and picked up the new one I saw at least one, maybe two, brewflo's sitting in the warehouse unpacked. I'm assuming they are returns. And I know mine wasn't the first Droid returned there.

For a country Vic HN that's not a good strike rate. And of course my Brewflow won't even get turned on until about 6 weeks after purchase. Should I be worried?

But.....I linked the new Droid to the app and commenced a brew. Now about 28 hours in, that's 26 hours more than the last attempt!

Another 48 hours and I think I will be confident enough to place the $300 order I have sitting in the BrewArt shopping basket.

Crossing my fingers.

P.S. I've looked at the vids on 101 and for the sterilising of the keg components, where do I get the tablets to make a sterilising spray?

Dont appear to be in Brewarts store.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't had any issues with returning the BeerDroids to HN either and Brewart organised it for me to make it even easier.

I haven't heard of too many BrewFlo's failing.

It comes with a year warranty so you have plenty of time to test it out.

The main issues I have heard are with the scales not working to show how much beer is left even when recalibrated and the cooling not working well enough.

So if you want to try these 2 things with an empty keg that may give you some piece of mind.

You could simply fill a keg with water and place in the BrewFlo to turn it on and check that the beer level is full and that the water in the keg gets cold after leaving it in there a while.

The other thing that might have an issue is the air line so I think you could put the plug in there and see if the compressor turns on and air comes out.

I'm not sure what tablets they use in the spray solution but I am guessing they are something like Milton which is use for sterilising baby bottles. I use StarSan for sterilising the kegging kit which I mix with water and soak for an hour in a pot but you could also use this with a spray.

Yeah it is a bit daunting placing an order when you not sure if it will break down again. Both times I have placed an order my BeerDroid has broken down soon after so that's a bit of bad luck. I am just glad that the service and support has been really good from Brewart which has made me confident enough to stick with the system. Although I guess if you were to return them for a refund you could easily sell the ingredients and accessories on eBay or Facebook as there seems to be heaps of people with the units now.

Hi I have just put my keg in the brewflow and no beer comes out, this is so disappointing the compressor is not pumping when connected to the keg but does pump when disconnected from the pump. I have changed the beer line, the keg but same result.

Anyone else experience this?

Pete

Just pulled the air hose out of the keg and it is definitely pressurising the keg' date=' wonder why the beer doesn't come out.

If I disconnect the beer valve and dismantle will it spoil the beer?

Pete[/quote']

No it wont, they are designed so you can easy remove partially emptied kegs so this shouldn't be an issue. Are you sure you have everything connected correctly? It seems strange that it pressurizes fine until you connect the beer line. Give BrewArt a call and get them to talk you through it. They have been very helpful when i have dealt with them.

I solved the problem, woke up at 3am thinking about it, the little black poppet on the non-return valve can fit upside down with the thin part sitting in the spring..

Reversed the black poppet, all fixed.

Pete (demonstrates the need for written information with the machines!)

Thanks for your help Jaybiggrin

Interesting that I just got a message on the iPad telling me the Droid had lost contact and was now back.

When I investigated the original Droid had changed status from brewing to idle.

Idle meant I was able to remove it from my account.

The notification that I got does not appear on the new droids message list so I'm assumimg the other dropped off, or if someone at BrewArt disconnected it I'm very grateful.

Put in my order for more components and brew prints.

Looks like I'm committed.

A question for those more experienced.

I'm brewing the APA and it states on the brewprint site that the program is "Ale".

My Droid shows "Custom".

The brew was started from the app so I expect I am worried about nothing, but I would like confirmation.

Hi All,

The BrewArt Team invites you to the official BrewArtist Community.

This is a place where BrewArtists can come together and discuss all things BrewArt. If you’re a new brewer, you’ll learn from those who have been using the system for a while, for advance BrewArtists, you’ll be able to share your customised brews and develop your knowledge further.

You can login using your existing BrewArt account details.

Some included features:

[ul]Contribute to discussions in the Forum[/ul]

[ul]Read About other BrewArtist’s brewing experiences[/ul]

[ul]Share BrewPrint customisation success[/ul]

[ul]Upload your best brewing photos[/ul]

[ul]Be the first to know about BrewArt events via the calendar[/ul]

[ul]Receive replies from the BrewArt Team[/ul]

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello,

I have a few questions about the device, so if you can answer it would be great!

First of all, let me introduce myself – I am not an experienced brewer…actually I never brewed😊

I am mostly a drinker, and as it is sometimes hard and expensive to find some good craft beers, I am trying to find a solution for an all in one home beer brewery.

Then I found the BeerDroid…but the main problem is that I live in Europe, Bulgaria, so it would not be really useful for me to use their kind of a blueprints. But the device looks promising for what I am looking for – a home brewery where I can brew my own craft beer following specific recipes. So, my questions bellow. Excuse me if they sound stupid…

1.       Can I use the BeerDroid with 220V electricity net, or I will need to use some kind of transformer from 110V to 220V?

2.       I found the easiest way to brew a beer is to use the blueprints, however, as I mentioned, I live in Europe and it would not be cost efficient to purchase blue prints from the US or Australia, paying shipping, custom taxes, waiting at least two weeks etc.
So, I am wondering is it possible to follow some famous recipes that I can find on the net, buy the ingredients from a local provider and then brew a quality craft beer?
Or maybe, if I put the ingredients for an American Pale Ale, can I start the BeerDroid App with a program for BluePrint APA or I will need to follow fully custom steps?

3.       I watched the videos and saw that the Blueprints are using some mixed liquid ingredients. If I buy dry palettes, should I follow the same process as with the liquid BluePrints, or I will need some more customs steps in advance?

4.       Also, Can I buy the BeerDroid only, and not the BrewFlo? Shipping USA to Europe for these two devices would be really expensive and including custom taxes it would become…too much. So, it would be great to know if I can place the beer, once it is brewed and ready to be kegged into some bottles, directly from the BeerDroid, with 1-2 carbon pills? Or maybe I can buy some keg from a local provider?

Thanks for your answers!

Archived