Coopers Community

So, I have a Brewart...

BeachBanjo

What an awesome thread, very helpful. I'm going to be investing in one of these early next year. Just wish it was a bit bigger, but oh well...

On that theme, just one question, having read this thread I note that some people are adding additional water, and if I read correctly, this is over and above the 10 litre capacity? So do I take it that you can actually brew more than the stated 10l? I'll be bottling first into my Grolsch 500ml bottles so the more I can do per batch the better.

Cheers!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another highly successful result with the Beerdroid.

This time I used the Munich Lager recipe and added some Nelson Sauvin hops. I added about 1 litre of this hop tee.

The beer is possibly my best yet. Perfectly clear' date=' perfect head and just a great flavour. Nice medium hop flavours, nothing overpowering but really evident they are there and its a beer you can really quench a thirst with. The first one didn't touch the sides as they say. Possibly a good full flavoured summer days session beer. Yipee![/quote'].

Hi WP's, l am thinking seriously about buying a brewart and your beer sounds terrific but I am having trouble finding the Munich lager recipe you speak of can you point me in the right direction.

Cheers Mike

Uknown: Ideally you want to keep the headspace at maximum to avoid foam escaping from the droid during the first day or so of fermentation. After that, you may add more water (up to about 2 litres) if you like. Pour it in gently and don't stir.

Harry: Is it the Monch Lager you are referring to?

Ah, Adelaide.

Didn't think of that.

8.29 by google, will try again.

Cheers

*edit*

Nope, still not there.

The message says Mon-Fri 8am-4pm (which is different to the website that says 8.30am-3.30pm AEST) excluding public holidays.

It's not a Public holiday here or in SA.

One more try after 9.30 (9am there) and then I'm giving up.

Ruined my holidays Brewart, thanks.

You seem a bit angry about it all. I can understand you are unhappy about it but bear in mind the person at the other end of the phone didn't cause your issues and will most likely want to help you as much as possible. Be nice to him/her.

All I want now is authorisation to return everything to HN for a refund.

Shouldn't be to hard.

*edit* so, no one answering.

Answering machine not updated. And surely they knew there would be demand at Christmas.

Nest week I'm back at work which makes all this that much more of a hassle.

OK, so having read through this thread, I admit to being somewhat interested in this Brewdroid/Brewflow combo.

My question is: Why is there no 23 litre version?

If it was available, it would probably induce me to buy one. I'm guessing that simply increasing the volume capacity of the Brewdroid would barely impact the price?

DnD - agree 100%, the present volume of the package is too small for me but it will definitely capture a segment of the market now. My guess is that yes, there will be a 20 or 23 litre version in the future after some of the teething issues have been sorted with the present version. That way they capture the market segment that is happy to buy that volume apparatus and also some of the original buyers who will want to scale up. In my view this would be a smart move.

Yeah a bigger BeerDroid would be good since 10L doesn't last long. I have seen some people on the Facebook page have got 2 BeerDroids for this reason and it helps with brewing more Lagers which take a bit longer to ferment.

I couldn't imagine a 20+ ltr Droid.

It would be massive and very hard to move around.

Can't see it happening in the immediate future. And when/if it does, it will more than likely cheaper to buy two 10ltr units.

Anyway, calmed down a bit and Brewart have given me a return goods number to take the faulty unit back to HN for a replacement.

No guarantee that my store actually has a replacement. And I know they have no more brew prints.

Will find out Sunday when I go to HN.

Pursya, it's a shame that you had such a bad experience with your first BrewArt. pinched

When I read your posts, I could see that you were mightily unhappy but you were offline at the time so there was little point replying on this forum. Instead, I notified the BrewArt team with a broad explanation of your circumstances.

Iain soon got back to me to say he had spoken with you and organised for the replacement authority. Please let him know if the HN store does not have a Droid in stock. Also, I'd imagine he will have a couple of BrewPrints sent in your direction to help compensate in some way. smile

Oh and Frank said he had a number of calls from you while he was on the phone to another customer and he is sorry that he was not able to pick up immediately. Of course, he didn't reply directly because Iain had already done so. wink

cheers!

This is the first time I have heard of an electronic fault with the Beerdroid so I don't think it is that common.

It's good that you got a replacement sorted out now and hopefully that one will work properly.

I know it's is a bit frustrating when something like that happens and not being able to use it.

At least I got a couple of free BrewPrints to help make It a bit better as well as great service and support from Brewart.

Is this issue common? Because it looks like it may be a complete circuit failure of some kind.
First time I've heard of this type of failure in production models. The HN store not having another in stock is a bummer... sad

Is this issue common? Because it looks like it may be a complete circuit failure of some kind.
First time I've heard of this type of failure in production models. The HN store not having another in stock is a bummer... sad

Trust me to get the dud......

Did you look at my videos to see the issue?

Archived