Coopers Community

Draught

DrSmurto

Having recently moved from Adelaide to Melbourne I have discovered that Coopers Pale and Sparkling Ales are available in bottle shops but not Draught. Can someone please suggest somewhere I can get some? And for any Melbourneans looking for a relaxed pub that has pale and sparkling of tap - go to the Pony, right next to Bridie O'Reillys on Little Collins St in the city.

Cheers

Mark

• 1 month later...

Am still waiting for the Coopers Draught to arrive in stores in Victoria. I have asked around at all the major liquor outlets and all have replied 'Coopers What?'

Can you give me a more definitive time frame?

Cheers

DrSMurto

Hi,

Not sure where you are in Melbourne, but I saw Cooper's Draught in Waratah Cellars in Elsternwick the other day.

Also, Dan Murphy's has it. Most bottleshops should be able to get it in. I know my local can, and has for me in the past.

Dan Murphys has it? Lying buggers! I asked them on the weekend, was told never heard of it so walked about with a carton of pale instead. Not all that bad! Will have to give them a call and see. Am way out at Burwood East. Whats the new draught taste like compared to old?

Actually, I just rang Dan Murphy's and they no longer carry it. Doesn't look like Liquorland or Vintage Cellars do either.

But, as I say, speak to your local bottleshop and get them to order some in. It's on their price lists, but it's just a matter of them only ordering a small quantity.

Haven't tasted the newie yet.

I picked up a six-pack of the new Regency Draught at Alma Cellars in Orrong Road, North Caulfield, last night.

It's a ripper. $12.50 and better than Boag's, Cascade and all the other dicey "premium" beers out there, I reckon.

Nice bottle, too.

Cheers Oliver, went to my little local and they have ordered it for me. Am looking forward to it, especially with summer approaching. SO much better to drink in the warm weather than the ales.

Cheers

DrSmurto

p.s loved ur site, once was an avid homebrewer myself but left all my equipment in Adelaide with flatmate. Was very impressed with the Millenium Beer project - look forward to following the yearly reports!

Archived