Coopers Community

Brew Distribution

Greenhorn

Gday Brewers, I'm only new to this game but love it so much I'm thinking of trying to distribute my beer into local cafes, smaller bars. I'm a long way off doing this but what would be the correct path (distribution only/no premises.... Just brew and distribute) and what licenses, regulations, etc would I have to follow? Sydney Australia.

Anybody tried this or currently doing this? Thanks in advance for any feedback/advice for a pure novice. N

Gday Brewers' date=' I'm only new to this game but love it so much I'm thinking of trying to distribute my beer into local cafes, smaller bars. I'm a long way off doing this but what would be the correct path (distribution only/no premises.... Just brew and distribute) and what licenses, regulations, etc would I have to follow? Sydney Australia.

Anybody tried this or currently doing this? Thanks in advance for any feedback/advice for a pure novice. N [/quote']

Just did a quick Google search, came up with this, hope it helps: http://www.caseysbeer.com.au/?page_id=423

Are you planning on using your homebrew equipment or go semi-commercial? Perhaps a 200l pilot system. Or contract brewing?

Just complying with the excise regulations is a PITA. Check out the requirements on the ATO website.

If it were me I would go all out and do it on a biggish scale.

Gday Brewers' date=' I'm only new to this game but love it so much I'm thinking of trying to distribute my beer into local cafes, smaller bars. I'm a long way off doing this but what would be the correct path (distribution only/no premises.... Just brew and distribute) and what licenses, regulations, etc would I have to follow? Sydney Australia.

Anybody tried this or currently doing this? Thanks in advance for any feedback/advice for a pure novice. N [/quote']

Just did a quick Google search, came up with this, hope it helps: http://www.caseysbeer.com.au/?page_id=423

I have tried one of Pat's commercial beers and it was very nice. He used to have some nice beers on tap in his home brew shop too.

It has been a long road for Pat to get this up and running but I think his brewery is mainly being used by contract brewers at present. I am hoping he starts production himself again soon because I would like to support the local brewer. The brewery is only a 10 minute drive from my house.

Archived