Coopers Community

Location, Location, Location.

shitsngiggles

Hi all,

Being relatively new to the forum I'm still finding my way, however though it might be handy if we could see Brewers locations (city/country) with our Avatar details.

Also is there or would it be handy to have dedicated thread category for members to discuss local brew sharing nights etc.

I live in Maryborough QLD and would be keen to catch up with other local brewers from time to time.

Please if there is anything that already exists please don't hesitate to tell me where to go wink

Thoughts?

Yep, agreed.

Way back when this site was developed, part of the many things in the brief was that the location that you enter into the Brewery Location, would appear on the forum.

Find a Brewer

Anyway, it didn't happen. rolleyes

We might get lucky with the next site developer?? whistling

Chances are low, though, considering each iteration of the website (3 since I've been with Coopers) has become more clunky pinchedcrying

Yep' date=' agreed.

Way back when this site was developed, part of the many things in the brief was that the location that you enter into the Brewery Location, would appear on the forum.

Find a Brewer

Anyway, it didn't happen. rolleyes

We might get lucky with the next site developer?? whistling

Chances are low, though, considering each iteration of the website (3 since I've been with Coopers) has become more clunky pinchedcrying

Are you guys currently shopping around? Did you happen to know that one of your more handsome users (who also happens to be based in Adelaide) works for a company who have taken on similar projects of doom and turned them into successful and functional bits of software? Seems to me like they might have a good understanding of what would be useful and I'm sure they'd already be full of great ideas and super-eager to help!!

each iteration of the website (3 since I've been with Coopers) has become more clunky pinchedcrying

Can we integrate with Minecraft next time' date=' go all square and blocky...[/quote']

Only if we operate in survival mode.

Lusty will be the Creeper tongue

Are you guys currently shopping around?...
Dunno' date=' I'm out of the loop...Actually, I was dropped out of the loop about 12 months prior to this site going live [img']pinched[/img]
...Seems to me like they might have a good understanding of what would be useful and I'm sure they'd already be full of great ideas and super-eager to help!!
If you can; dress yourselves up to look like the best thing since' date=' promise a site with better functionality (not just reinstate the functionality that our previous sites had), suggest cool new initiatives to help grow our brewing community (only to be incorporated in site second phase), quote at a level higher than we want to pay then under achieve by plenty - you're a very good chance. [img']w00t[/img]

Oh and if your team often use the phrase "That is not in scope", your in!

Would be good if it worked on my iphone however, don't get much free time on the desktops these days.

All the issues aside, someone got it right with the graphic design and artwork. The colours, backgrounds etc are really quite cool I think. Pat on the back for them. It's the classiest looking brewing forum I've seen by far. Also the recipes of the month artwork is tops as well. Is there some talented individual over there at Coopers responsible for this PB2?

Hi Paul' date=' I actually took the liberty of chatting to Frank and he's going to forward an email offering our services to whoever is in charge - I hope you don't mind.[/quote']

I don't actually mind the site that much.

What I would like though is to be able to click on a thread and go to new posts.

Or am I missing something? Possibly icon_redface.gif

That's one thing, plus I'd like to be able to use it on my mobile, have images work, not get logged out all the time, not load entire threads when you press "reply", be able to send private messages, have proper profiles that don't have huge images blocking half the screen ... basic forum stuff. Not only that though; part of my job is to have ideas about these sorts of things and I have heaps for this place!! If I was set loose the Coopers members area could become a one-stop resource for everything brewing!! You'd find as much (or as little if you'd rather keep it simple) as you like.

That's one thing' date=' plus I'd like to be able to use it on my mobile, have images work, not get logged out all the time, not load entire threads when you press "reply", be able to send private messages, have proper profiles that don't have huge images blocking half the screen ... basic forum stuff. Not only that though; part of my job is to have ideas about these sorts of things and I have [i']heaps[/i] for this place!! If I was set loose the Coopers members area could become a one-stop resource for everything brewing!! You'd find as much (or as little if you'd rather keep it simple) as you like.

Long live "The King", Your Kingship. wink

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to poke holes in what's here, I just think that it's pretty clear the project has been dropped like a hot potato by a disinterested service provider when it really requires ongoing maintenance and enhancement. This is not the sort of thing you can walk away from and say "finished!" in my opinion if you want to be a leader in the game, and other than a face-lift there's nothing (yet) to differentiate this forum from countless others.

I do think that not being able to log in and use it effectively on mobile devices has hurt them though. Chad, for example, doesn't visit nearly as often as he used to.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to poke holes in what's here' date=' I just think that it's pretty clear the project has been dropped like a hot potato by a disinterested service provider when it really requires ongoing maintenance and enhancement. This is not the sort of thing you can walk away from and say "finished!" in my opinion if you want to be a leader in the game, and other than a face-lift there's nothing (yet) to differentiate this forum from countless others.

I do think that not being able to log in and use it effectively on mobile devices has hurt them though. Chad, for example, doesn't visit nearly as often as he used to.[/quote']

On ya King Ruddy ... I'm hearing ya about ongoing monitoring and improvement, and agree it is a great forum and functions ok, but is seriously lacking in some of the user friendly and basic function the most forums now offer.

None the less, it still does not make the Coopers products any less, however a good forum would help facilitate more followers and in turn more sales and product turn over .... simple math, the bigger the forum the membership, the more product gets discussed and promoted and the more resulting sales.

Good on Coopers for looking to improve - and PB2 for keeping us in the loop when and where he cansmile

Hi Paul' date=' I actually took the liberty of chatting to Frank and he's going to forward an email offering our services to whoever is in charge - I hope you don't mind.[/quote']Don't mind?! Hell no! I'm guessing the powers that be may think this site is a "shot duck" but you may get a look in for the next iteration. sideways

Hi all' date='

Being relatively new to the forum I'm still finding my way, however though it might be handy if we could see Brewers locations (city/country) with our Avatar details.

Also is there or would it be handy to have dedicated thread category for members to discuss local brew sharing nights etc.

I live in Maryborough QLD and would be keen to catch up with other local brewers from time to time.

Please if there is anything that already exists please don't hesitate to tell me where to go [img']wink[/img]

Thoughts?

Have to agree it would be nice to know where people are from so that we could perhaps organise some local get togethers/beer sharing nights. I think I'm becoming an insufferable know it all re brewing and it's hard to find people in the flesh who share the same interest and will put up with Brewers ramblings. Hope the King's company gets a run at it and can include these enhancements.

Perhaps we could start a thread or a "room" based on locations as a starter??

Hi all' date='

Please if there is anything that already exists please don't hesitate to tell me where to go [img']wink[/img]

Thoughts?

Hi guys,

I'm from Poland and just starting to get interested with brewing. :)

Archived