Coopers Community

FYI: Woolworth's 20% off Coopers OS line, ~$10 each.

N1KK0

Hi Guys,

Unsure if this is nationwide but definitely at my local WW and also online. All their stocked Coopers OS 1.7kg kit tins were 20% off, selling at $10 each.

My local only seemed to have Draught, Lager and Real Ale. Perhaps other stores may have the Dark & Stout (which apparently are well regarded in the OS line).

So just a heads up - would also welcome any feedback on whether any of these are worth getting if for nothing else as very cost effective 'bases' for basicish recipes e.g adding steeped grains, hops etc?

Seems the Draught gets reasonable feedback as a 'base' - mixed reports on the 'Real Ale' - the 'Lager' seems to cop a panning (though perhaps thats due to it being bundled in with so many Starter Kits).

Any feedback welcomed.

Cheers, Nick

There on sale down here in sth west vic too. I couldn't resist grabbing a few (even though I'm meant to be cutting right down with a house move coming up), including the dark ale which I aim to use in the Ol brown dog recipe off the coops site.

Hi Anzacpaul' date='

I'm sure you used this search but here it is anyway - FWIW my store is Coffs Harbour Park Beach Plaza (you might have to flag that to your manager to get them to match, no reason they wouldn't as they're wholly owned):

https://www.woolworths.com.au/Shop/Search/Products?searchTerm=coopers

Cheers, Nick[/quote']

Yep, tried that and get no cans, only the coopers beer range and under home brew it's just birrell pouty.

will have to call in to a store.

EDIT: had to set my store, found it thanks :)

Yes Nick. Woolworths do currently have the Coopers range [not PA, Stout or dark] for $10.

Big W,the same products are 40% dearer? .......Seems Big W don't want us to buy from them?

Of interest I often brew homebrand lager and Tooheys lager and cannot tell the difference........

I'd say worth stocking up on this latest deal at $10 per 1.7 kg can. The ones I bought today have an expiry of July 2017. A deal like that cannot last forever. James2

yeah, they were at that price at my local Woollies in Melbourne's East.

Although I went to my LHBS afterwards and he has them for $14 so only a $4 saving - but still cheaper.

I picked up a Draught to make the Coopers celebration ale, A Dark Ale which I'll probably just add Dark ME to and make a darker ale ....and the Real Ale. never used it so was just going to use it to make the Anzac ale on the recipe section - but interested in using it to make an English ale/creatures or Yak....what do you add Lazydave?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Payno,

I love the creatures dark ale, and I like the yak, so I tried to recreate the essence of it, meaning the same spicy/flowery flavour in a darker ale. I'm not a scientist like some blokes on here, I keep things simple.

So there's no science at all involved in the fact that through all my attempts, the best result was a real ale with 750 light malt, 500 raw sugar, then Amarillo and Chinook hops in 23l.

The scientists are now blowing their test tubes and screaming that I need cascade in there, but I'm after the essence of a beers character, not so much a clone, and my next plan is to dry hop with maybe 10g of Nelson Sauvin just to really up the bouquet.

Off to hide under a beer keg now, should be safe for at least 24 hours :)

Yes Nick. Woolworths do currently have the Coopers range [not PA' date= Stout or dark] for $10.

Big W,the same products are 40% dearer? .......Seems Big W don't want us to buy from them?

Of interest I often brew homebrand lager and Tooheys lager and cannot tell the difference........

I'd say worth stocking up on this latest deal at $10 per 1.7 kg can. The ones I bought today have an expiry of July 2017. A deal like that cannot last forever. James2

I'm pretty sure BigW will price match, probably worth a call to find out.

Also don't forget to ask for a rain check if Woolies is out of stock.

• 1 month later...

I was in Woolworths last night and I see they have the Coopers kits discounted again.

Dark Ale, Real Ale, Lager etc.

Australian Pale Ale not on special.

The APA was on discounted a couple of weeks after last time. So hopefully in a couple of weeks the APA will be on special again.

I must be going blind because I've never seen brewing ingredients in Woolworths since I started being 12 months ago. Is it only in select stores?

My town has two stores, only one of them stocks brewing ingredients.

I've found Dan Murphy cheapest in my area, but by all accounts they can be hit or miss on whether they stock it too. It may be worth a look if you have one handy.

I must be going blind because I've never seen brewing ingredients in Woolworths since I started being 12 months ago. Is it only in select stores?

I knew there was a joke there when I saw MrPotatoHead couldn't see....potato21.jpg

Put your eyes in next time MrPotatoHead.

I knew there was a joke there when I saw MrPotatoHead couldn't see....potato21.jpg

Put your eyes in next time MrPotatoHead.

Haha' date=' my kids have that toy and I think the eyes went missing a long time ago[img']cool[/img]

Yes it is selected stores. Coles are the same, not all stores.

Archived