Coopers Community

New to the Guild? ** PLEASE READ THIS POST FIRST **

PB2

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to the forum Graculus! Are you a bird watcher? I enjoy watching birds too but I always get sprung by them wink

And welcome back to brewing. Good luck with it.

Thanks Hairy. No, not a bird watcher. Except sitting on my back patio having a beer

watching the chickens hell bent on destroying the lawn.

• 3 weeks later...

I have re located from Western Australia,to Smithton Tasmania,I have with me my own 2x 6.8 kg Carbon Dioxide tanks to gas my kegs,in Perth I could take them to the local Brew Shop and exchange them for full ones.I'm having great difficulty finding a place in Tasmania to re fill or exchange these tanks unless I courier them to Hobart (400+ km's) and back.Anybody any ideas or alternatives ????

Regards Steve

HI

Am new to brewing and to the computer as well i have been checking out the forum and would like thank all you all for posting stuff it is invaluable to new brewers like my self have made a couple of ok beers but there getting better thanks again Steve

Hi Guys,

I'm Peter Murray from Redcliffe, Australia, and have just started brewing. Seems to me that there are hundreds of recipes out there that require a fair amount of work.

I have just brewed using a can of Coopers Australia Pale Ale with Coopers Brew Enhancer 2 and the yeast that came with the kit.

My question is this - how would this compare with recipes that require boiling hops, using a rolling pin to crack the grain, buying special yeast etc etc.

Does anyone out there use this simple method or should I be trying for something extra.

I have just bottled my simple recipe and am eagerly awaiting the results.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Peter

Don't underestimate the Coopers products. The APA kit and included yeast are very good if treated properly (following all the instructions but fermented between 18 and 21C or so) and will give a lovely result. Particularly starting out.

Yet many prefer to tweak it a bit and add a bit more flavour and/or aroma by adding hops as they get more experience and experiment with tailoring it to their own preferences. Using specialty grains would be the next step.

Once you get that all sorted, only then would I suggest you start experimenting with different yeasts; but that's just how I started.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm Chris from Perth. I've done about a dozen brews over the last year or so. I've brewed various kits and a couple of fresh wort kits. I've been getting recipes and ideas from this site for a while and have brewed a few now.

Sparkling Ale - My second batch of this is fermenting now. The first one turned really good and the only change I've made is US05 yeast instead of the kit yeast. I think this will become my go-to session beer and will probably add a little hops to the next batch.

SMOTY - I'm enjoying this one but it is a bit too bitter. It's only been in the bottle for 1 month so I'll leave them alone and see if the bitterness subsides as I've read it should.

Toucan Stout/Dark Ale - Brewed with 1kg dex. This one bottled about 3 months ago. This is nice but not something you can have more than 1 or 2 at a time.

I've also tried the Mex Cerveza a couple of times but it's a bit too tasteless and watery.

I've got some questions about my next brew but I'll post that in the appropriate forum.

Cheers

G'day Chris75, & welcome to the forum. smile

You sound like a keen brewer. There's some excellent brewers here on the forum with a wealth of knowledge & experience, along with quite a few part-time comedians, so I hope you'll stick around for a chat & a giggle.

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

Hi guys,

I'm Aidan and I'm from a wee town near Glasgow, Scotland. I'm on my first brew just now, using Cooper's Lager and Cooper's Brew Enhancer 1 to make Lawnmower Lager.

My brewery has imaginatively been called Scott's Brewery although I don't have a house beer yet as I obviously have to enhance my skills a bit first! Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting advice from other guys here on how to get the best out of my brew and will be more than happy to share my results.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum Aidan!

Stick around and you will learn a lot to improve your beer. The beer you are brewing at the moment isn't the most exciting beer but it is an ok intro beer. Don't be disheartened if it isn't earth shattering.

What town are you from? My family are from Cambuslang.

G'day Trendsetters,

Have lurked for a long time, posted in a thread earlier so though I'd better introduce myself.

My name is Nic. Brewery is B.R.B.Co (Belt Road Brewing Company). Have been operational since 2011 but only really started to play around with different recipes, hops, malts, etc. from 2013 onwards. I have really picked up a lot in the last 12-18 months (big cheers to IanH) or so and I'm punching out some decent brews. Still doing kits and bits but it suits me situation for now...time is the major factor.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

So I out of the blue 2 months ago decided to start brewing my own alcohol ... More so for my own curiosity than anything but it has become a bit of an addiction of late where I actually start getting excited when I can begin organising my next brew.

I started with a Coopers Pale (using the coopers home brew kit), then done a Coopers Wheat beer now am doing a Black Rock Hoegaarden kit.

Thought it was appropriate I posted to say Hi as I have been reading everyone's forum posts to learn what I am doing right, and more importantly wrong.. So thanks to all the people who use the forum - I have made 2 successful brews from peoples comments and recommendations, and has also aided in the quickening the learning curve.

Cheers guys,

Lee

Hi all' date='

So I out of the blue 2 months ago decided to start brewing my own alcohol ... More so for my own curiosity than anything but it has become a bit of an addiction of late where I actually start getting excited when I can begin organising my next brew.

I started with a Coopers Pale (using the coopers home brew kit), then done a Coopers Wheat beer now am doing a Black Rock Hoegaarden kit.

Thought it was appropriate I posted to say Hi as I have been reading everyone's forum posts to learn what I am doing right, and more importantly wrong.. So thanks to all the people who use the forum - I have made 2 successful brews from peoples comments and recommendations, and has also aided in the quickening the learning curve.

Cheers guys,

Lee[/quote']

Good stuff Mr Timms!! I brewed a fair few ordinary batches before I discovered brewing forums, plenty of info to be found here.

G'day fellow brewers.

I've been waiting for a long time to get into brewing my own home brew beer.

I've closely followed several friends who all-grain brew once a month. They've brewed some fantastic beers and it really gave me the bug to start brewing as well.

I have brewed home made cider before using the "Mad Millie" kit, which turned out great.

My partner and I went halves and purchased the Coopers Craft Kit from Aldi for $60.

It came with an Amber Ale pre-hopped extract to brew.

I ended up fermenting the Amber Ale in the FV that came with the old cider kit, and went out and purchased some other extract, grains and hops to brew my own pale ale with a bit more personal touch.

Got both fermenting at the moment and will post an update soon on the Pale Ale as it is ready for bottling. The Amber was brewed a few days after, so it still has a couple of days left before bottling.

Some great information on this forum, and I look forward to picking everyones brains as I delve deeper into this addictive hobby/passion/lifestyle.

Cheers.

Evening All,

Just to, formally, say Hi!

I have just brewed and bottled my first two brews (Amber Ale and an IPA), both Coopers Craft Kits.

Both were "favourable" at bottling, so here is hoping (first Amber Ale is in the fridge for a taste after work tomorrow).

A reckon a few more kits then (with the Info and advice from the Forums) I can get a bit more adventurous......

I am in Sydney and got the 'name' from a beer I named on a drunken night in the darkest corner of N.W. England (and won a pint a day for a year, pity it wasn't my local!!).

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi new member to here, my name is Barry(Baz) and I hail from Helensburgh on the south coast of NSW, I do a fair bit of touring with the family in a 4WD and Camper, daughter has her own 4WD and travels with us most of the time, I'm also a keen motorcyclist, I raced bikes for a while as well, currantly restoring a 1973 H2 750 Kawasaki.

I thought I'd join and learn a bit about this brewing thing, I have been brewing for a while now, with some good and bad results, I'm currently drinking a Double Chocolate Ale, which actually turned out pretty good, it's been kegged, I also have a American Pale Ale(extra hops) which I bottled with very good results, I seem to be on a role at the moment.

So that's mesmile

Baz.

Welcome to the forum Baz!

It sounds like you have everything under control. If the Double Chocolate Stout turned out well, perhaps you could add it to the Brew Day thread. I know it was a past brew day but the thread is a recipe reference thread (of sorts).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, been hanging around here a while and posted a couple of things and realised I hadn't introduced my self yet.

Anyway I'm Tom, been brewing for about 10 months now mostly doing extract stuff and very much enjoying it. Pale ales are what I like to drink the most so mainly sticking to that style. Live in Brisbane with my partner and two little ones, she enjoys a beer also which works well. I really like the fact that brewing can be as simple or complex as you like and there is heaps to learn!

Cheers,

Tom

Archived