Coopers Community

Happy Birthday Lusty

ChristinaS1

Hey Lusty, you mentioned it was your birthday on December 4. Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday and many happy returns of the day. Hope your day is a good one.

I appreciate having you around on the forum. You are one of the pillars of this little homebrewing community. smile Thanks for your many helpful answers to questions.

Thanks Christina! smile

Did someone say 45! OMG!! w00t

My father gets a real kick out of stirring me up on my birthday each year particularly since I turned 40. Around 'bird's fart' this morning he sent me a text stating I was now over the hump & on the down slide to 50! crying

Bastard! lol

I'll get him though! biggrin

Workin' all day today, but have a nice day planned for tomorrow. happy

Thanks for the kind words. smile

Lusty.

Happy Birthday Lusty

From someone who has turned over the 45 mark - its all ok, 40's are the new 30's and you're still a while away from the big half century. just remember its wet dreams and dry farts from now on!

Thanks for your advice - will raise a glass to you tomorrow!!

Cheers

Happy Birthday mate! HOpe you have a good one and weekend all round biggrin

I'm sure you'll be enjoying a few of those tasty brews of yours tongue

It's a non-home brew weekend for me as I won't be home...although I suppose I could take some of my surplus bottles with me or fill a growler from the keg... hm...

Happy Birthday Lusty you old fart!

Seriously though I'm only a couple of years behind you, & having lost a few loved ones over the years, I far prefer getting old to the alternative.

In my case I seem to have skipped the mellow stage in between angry young man & cranky old timer.

My body protests at doing things I used to do without even thinking about it, & the pain when I wake up each morning sometimes makes me wish I could stay in bed (or at my worst, that I wouldn't wake up again), but it's plow on, wish for the best, plan for the worst, & expect that inevitably something in between will eventuate.

If your Dad gives you any more grief Lusty, just remind him that you'll never be as old as him in his lifetime, that should put him in his place, the cheeky old bugger!

Sorry for the late reply guys, I'm just home from a long day at work. pouty

Thanks to all the well wishers, I'm really humbled.

I've had a good chuckle at some of the longer posts & can certainly relate to the sentiments listed in them for a bloke my age. lol

A shame to hear Antsi is obviously now off the donors list! tongue

biggrin

I'm a little hot & bothered so time for a few of these nice S-04 Paley's from the keg! joyful

Thanks again everyone. Have a great weekend guys! wink

Cheers,

Lusty

It's technically still my birthday here in SA when I posted this comment, despite the thread time that is based on eastern states time! tongue

I'm not the self indulgent type but I just wanted to acknowledge the last two posters that I have a great amount of respect for.

Thanks Paul & John. smile (No I'm not talking about members of the Beatles!) tongue

P.S. I've always liked your thinking PB2.

That may make me an outcast in certain circles & I can live with that, but it is definitely an asset here! tonguebiggrin

Long live the Nelson's Light (in particular)! cool x 2

Cheers,

Lusty.

Archived