Coopers Community

What The .... Uncle Dan.

Frosty Chop

So I've been buying stuff from the Coopers online store because it WAS cheaper than what I could find in other stores.

Then I decided to see if my local Uncle Dans stocked their kits and bits, well blow me down with a feather they do. These cans are pretty fresh too.

EisIb5t.jpg

Looks like I'll only be ordering my liquid malt and Thomas Coopers selection cans from the online store if this is the case.

Well I had a look in my local Dan's a few months ago and I couldn't see any.

I might go back and have another look, but it's a bit out of my way really.

I'm still better off buying it at the local health food store. His prices are pretty good.

Where is that Dan's located Frosty?

Hi Frosty

Yes I've noticed the price difference too - Ive seen them at my local Dan's for about that (outer eastern suburbs) and mate of mine in SA gets his at Big W and pays about the same. I still want to support my local home brew shop as he provides good advice but they charge $18 for these and the malts, so almost a $5 difference. No wonder he is anti online purchasing!

Yeah I like to shop local and support small business too but I also need to remember to look after #1 first.

To visit my nearest home brew place would take me about an hour round trip drive. If I can buy a large sack of stuff from Coopers or Craft Brewer online for less than the cost of fuel/time driving and it lands on my doorstep then that's the way I go. I understand it's probably hard for bricks and mortar store owners to survive but that's just the way things are now.

I guess the transport and logistics industry is thriving.

Archived