Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time!

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

So I can get a 6kg from Boc gas for $79 a year. Worth it?

Due to my recent dealings with BOC I won't be using them ever again.

Like all companies that had a monopoly on suppling the masses they ripped you off till the new competition forces them to reduce their prices and only when you decide to move do they offer a better deal (rant over).

there are quite a few alternatives for getting gas now.

Kegged another beer today, this one a Vic secret, galaxy, mosaic pale, keg hopped with approximately 80 grams all up of the same hops. 

Put onto 45psi for 20 hours, when the lads turn up tomorrow night there may well be 3 beers on tap, 5 in bottles. 

Hopefully enough to please everyone 

39 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Kegged another beer today, this one a Vic secret, galaxy, mosaic pale, keg hopped with approximately 80 grams all up of the same hops. 

Put onto 45psi for 20 hours, when the lads turn up tomorrow night there may well be 3 beers on tap, 5 in bottles. 

Hopefully enough to please everyone 

beast

So I’m not sure what to do here. 

I have new kegs, bought good German made disconnects and the leak is coming from the connection to the gas in post and connect. If it doesn’t sit perfectly the gas pisses out. I keg lubed the post and it’s still not great. 

Should I get new keg posts?

17 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

I have new kegs, bought good German made disconnects and the leak is coming from the connection to the gas in post and connect. If it doesn’t sit perfectly the gas pisses out. I keg lubed the post and it’s still not great. 

I would. 

I have a dodgy liquid out post, the disconnect wont lock to the post, to pour beer i literally have to put downward pressure on the disconnect with my hand to pour, I have a pool of beer in my keezer from leaving the disconnect attached with pressure in the keg. So I only use it when i pour from that keg, i just leave it off otherwise.

I did have a leak in a PRV as well, but i fixed it. The little rubber stopper/grommet thing wasn't sitting in the cavity in the PRV, it was sitting in the lid.

I'd replace the O rings first,  I keep spares for just this reason. 

Recommend using silicone,  not rubber. 

Then think about changing the post if it still leaks .

A quick email back to supplier wouldn't be a bad idea, I won't touch cheap new kegs after seeing them rust or leak all too often 

11 hours ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

11 hours ago, grogdog said:

I have a dodgy liquid out post, the disconnect wont lock to the post, to pour beer i literally have to put downward pressure on the disconnect with my hand to pour, I have a pool of beer in my keezer from leaving the disconnect attached with pressure in the keg. So I only use it when i pour from that keg, i just leave it off otherwise.

Next time you have that keg empty,  pull the outpost off and make sure the poppet and spring are clear .

as a temp fix .

Dump all pressure from headspace unless you want a beer shower  

you can try winding the top of your disconnect out half a turn,  it should now click into place but will likely leak until you tighten top of disconnect .

Apply gas and check for leaks as usual... Keep an eye on it though 

Archived