Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time!

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Something is blocking either the tap or the disconnect on the right side tap

Mate, remove the disconnect then blow some co2 back through the tap. It should dislodge anything stuck at the tap.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:47 AM, Ben 10 said:

thought i had another leak but....

6 kegs, 2.8kg bottle. how long? read somewhere 140gms co2 per keg.

On 12/6/2018 at 12:42 PM, Otto Von Blotto said:

I usually get about a year from a 6.8kg cylinder, doing carbonation, serving and cleaning. At a guess if you're doing the same a 2.8kg cylinder would last a few months. But of course it depends how many kegs are going through it. I've tried to count mine in the past but always lose track. 

I started keeping track of my gas tank purchases quite a while back to gauge how long they last. At the time I felt there were some inconsistencies as to how long they were lasting. I didn't know if I had a leak or there was something up with the tanks themselves as I was purchasing from two different brew shops.

I use the 2.6kg tank size & get 11-12 kegs/brews out of them. That is using it for cleaning, carbing & dispensing. My current run is up to 11 kegs & still going, although the tank is certainly light & not far away from requiring a refill I suspect.

I queried one of the suppliers I was purchasing tanks from & tracked my last purchase from them. It only lasted 9 kegs/brews. I no longer purchase tanks from them anymore.

Cheers,

Lusty.

I’ll be kegging two beers tomorrow, the all cascade Choice bro pale, and a pacific ale with Enigma and Galaxy. 

They will be put on serving pressure and be ready for Boxing Day drinks when I get back from work.

Looking forward to these ones as the wife won’t be able to drink them both while I’m gone ha ha ha

10 hours ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Sample from the Pacific ale with enigma/galaxy 2:1 is very promising. Very very fruity!

Also the all cascade with 20 odd % crystal is tasting great too. 

Will report back in a week

Greetings capitaan. Do you have a link to those recipes?

cheers and enjoy those brews yum.🍻

Got my keg fridge set up in the new place now, just gotta get the tap handles and drip tray from the old place tomorrow,  refill the water reservoir and drink the bought beer currently in there to make room for the pale ale keg to gas up for new years. 

And fix the blockage in thst right hand tap. 

27 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Well just went to pour a beer from the kegerator and no gas. It’s been fine all week while it was carbing up then bang over night. Gas leak

ive really got to find some more gas, quickly

Damn. Id be crying. Every LHBS is closed around here till the new year.

26 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Well just went to pour a beer from the kegerator and no gas. It’s been fine all week while it was carbing up then bang over night. Gas leak

ive really got to find some more gas, quickly

The beer should still be fine for a reasonable amount of time provided it was carbed up fine to begin with. The shortage of gas atm is really only affecting your ability to push the beer out, not maintain carbonation.

Relax bud. Just disconnect any current gas lines to the keg(s) & grab yourself a refilled gas tank as soon as is convenient.

Cheers,

Lusty.

9 minutes ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Damn. Id be crying. Every LHBS is closed around here till the new year.

Yep, round here too. That’s what I’m a little annoyed at.

7 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

The beer should still be fine for a reasonable amount of time provided it was carbed up fine to begin with. The shortage of gas atm is really only affecting your ability to push the beer out, not maintain carbonation.

Relax bud. Just disconnect any current gas lines to the keg(s) & grab yourself a refilled gas tank as soon as is convenient.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Yeah disconnected straight away. I’ll see if a Perth hbs is open tomorrow and might do a trip up in the morning 

1 minute ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Yeah disconnected straight away. I’ll see if a Perth hubs is open tomorrow and might do a trip up in the morning 

LOL! You still appear to be panicking! 🤣 (or maybe just thirsty? 🤔)

The commercial breweries often have their kegs sitting around for periods before being dispatched to their customers.

RDWHAHB. 😉

Cheers,

Lusty.

1 minute ago, Beerlust said:

LOL! You still appear to be panicking! 🤣 (or maybe just thirsty? 🤔)

The commercial breweries often have their kegs sitting around for periods before being dispatched to their customers.

RDWHAHB. 😉

Cheers,

Lusty.

I have some mates coming over in a couple of days. Wouldn’t mind being able to pour a few for them

2 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

I have some mates coming over in a couple of days. Wouldn’t mind being able to pour a few for them

I'd be surprised if you couldn't get hold of a C02 tank/refill from somewhere over the next couple of days.

Archived