Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time!

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually get about a year from a 6.8kg cylinder, doing carbonation, serving and cleaning. At a guess if you're doing the same a 2.8kg cylinder would last a few months. But of course it depends how many kegs are going through it. I've tried to count mine in the past but always lose track. 

Kegged my Desperation Pale Ale after three weeks in the FV. I was pleasantly surprised when tasting the SG sample, this desperate bid toget a beer down using only what was left over in the brewary looks like it will be a winner. My last 4 brews have only rated as good and its been a while since i brewed an excellent beer, an exceptional beer, or my best beer ever.  Who would have thought that four base malts mashed together and fermented by pouring part of the trub from one FV into the other would produce something better than ordinary 🤔

Cheers & Beers

Scottie

Valley Brew

Gotta keg my moteuka pale ale tonight so we can move the brewing fridge tomorrow. Keg was cleaned earlier today which leads me to the next point.

I have found a problem, albeit a small one. Something is blocking either the tap or the disconnect on the right side tap. Cleaning and rinse water today flowed very slowly through it even with the flow control fully open. It's happened with two kegs, one of which was recently on another tap and working fine so I can rule out the kegs/posts. Judging by the look of the water moving through the beer line I'm suspecting the blockage is in the tap, so that will be dismantled, but I will give the disconnect a look over as well. It was quite difficult to remove it today so it probably needs a good clean anyway.

I'm not putting any beer on tap again until our new year's eve party and I'll be on holidays after I finish work tonight, so there will be plenty of time to get it sorted. Will probably do it one day next week. 

33 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Went to pour myself the first beer I kegged. Nothing left.

I think I had a total of 6 glasses. 350ml glasses at that. 

The wife just said to me, yeah that was probably me hun 😬

oh well glad someone enjoyed it.

No better compliment than those coming back for more

Archived