Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time!

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Ive noticed some people reckon the keg king regulators are no good, is this still true?

I ruined my micromatic and bought a keg king as a quick fox before fixing the micromatic - no issues so far

I’ve found a supplier in Perth, however they are $1600 compared to $1200 for the same thing. 

Plus the cheaper place has better SS keg fittings and what not. I could spend the extra $400 on 5 extra kegs and a bag of base malt. 

Well im keen to wait a little longer to see if this cheaper place gets stock anytime soon. 

Either that or ask them to do it cheaper ha ha ha

They're the taps I have, and they've been faultless so far. I like the flow control, means I don't have to have as long beer lines. Everyone has their preferences though, as long as the quality is decent and the system is balanced properly for the temperature and pressure they'll be fine. 

9 hours ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

This is true Hairy. 

In the meantime I’ll just do some more research.

Perlick 650 SS taps are they the go? I think I’d like the flow control.

Damn, that was pretty philosophical for me; and I only had one beer last night.

You can't go wrong with Perlick SS taps. I went with the Intertap SS taps (not the flow control ones) and have had no problems with them. You just want forward sealing SS taps. Flow control gives you a little more flexibility.

39 minutes ago, Titan said:

Kegland has them in stock mate. not sure how much shipping would be. https://www.kegland.com.au/kegging/keg-dispensing/kegerator-kits.html

Thanks for that, I’ve had a look and they have 80% of the things I want and the other I’d still have to order elsewhere which would come to about the same price as me buying locally. Plus I’d rather buy in Perth for more than over east for less. 

Sorry, I know I’m picky.

After looking a little more into the parts in the more expensive one from Perth, there is some better upgrades (taps and fittings) and new kegs rather than 2nd hand. That’s where the price difference is. 

Ill talk to the financial consultant and see when I can do it this month or next. 

On another note, I talked to my LHBS and they said they would not get in the type that I’d prefer even though they deal through this particular supplier.

Looks like they just lost another customer for good.

I've picked up another 2 x 2nd hand spartanburg kegs and a few bits and pieces to play around with. working on having a tap inside the new shed fridge.  getting there slowly. just a little more reinforcing here and there

20181108_202143.thumb.jpg.baee4daab399b52feb2a6812cbfed89f.jpg

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

You're better off having the tap on the outside, otherwise you'll be letting in warm air every time you pour a beer, making the fridge work harder. Usually they're mounted in the fridge door.

fair call re; the warm air / opening, however for the last 20 years I've had to open the door, reach in and get stubbies, sometimes  a dozen or so times in the one night?

pros and cons.  tap will not get warm, no font fan required. not to mention fridge is brand new with warranty intact.

56 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

I think that’s a great idea if you want to be discreet about having kegs in your fridge. 

Might look nicer from a visitor view.

Cheers captain, idea wasn't to be discreet - all my visitors know my love for beer,  missus wasn't keen on me drilling the new fridge.

I reckon it should function pretty good when complete

Archived