Sign in to follow this  
Beerlust

OK, What's The Plan For Tomorrow?

Meeting with a broker tomorrow. Chewing the fat over a land and build about 300kms south west of perth

pro’s : country life

cons : lhbs being a 200 km round trip

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Meeting with a broker tomorrow. Chewing the fat over a land and build about 300kms south west of perth

pro’s : country life

I’ll meet ya there Niall. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

🤣 is it true the the one in Bunno is the only one in the Southwest?

There’s one at Busselton but from my experience it’s not great. The one in Bunbury has more hops and grain for sure. 

They get most of their stuff from TWOC. Anything you order through them would be the same price as TWOC 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

I have a daily round trip for work of 110km.  However, there is a LHBS 2km from where I work.

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2019 at 6:30 AM, Otto Von Blotto said:

Don't miss those bloody inspections. How did the pilsner taste at FG? 

Yeah, hate the inspections... Still a few years away from buying a place of our own..

Pilsner tasted really good 😉 Very happy so far, great clarity and colour. The bitterness is great and noticeably more than the last I brewed, so I'm very happy. I'm not touching these beers until after two months lagering. Will post the results on the 'RDWHAHB' thread.

Cheers, Lee

• Like 2

Great stuff mate. I got a real sense of achievement when I brewed my first decent pilsner. I think they're harder to brew well at home compared to ales where mistakes can be more easily hidden by malt or hops. There's not much to hide behind in a pilsner so when they turn out well you know you've done everything right. 

I thought we'd be a few years off buying too but decided to look in a different area just to see what was around. Obviously worked out well but of course everyone's situation is different. Glad we did it though.

• Like 1

American IPA on the cards for tomorrow. Pekko hops will be the primary hop with some citra to back it up. Never used Pekko so hope it goes well. This will go into my local IPA competition, 3 weeks away so will not be at its best.

Well not tomorrow exactly, but the day after. 😉

My current brew used a costly liquid yeast so I want to get a second brew from it. I won't have much time on Sunday for a typical partial mash brew day, so am going to do a rare kit & kilo brew with maybe a small grain & hop steep.

I'll mix this all up in one fermenter, & pour it over the yeast cake left from the previous brew that will be kegged earlier that day.

My income stream has recently changed (for the worse) so I'll have to get back to brewing more frequently as buying commercial beer will be an area I'll need to cut back on.

On a positive note it will likely force me to get off my @#$& & finally make the collar for my keezer to allow the housing of a 3rd keg within.

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

• Like 1

Planning to do my version of Gashslugs Coopers NEIPA from youtube tomorrow (ooh, its actually today now).  This recipe came up somewhere-else on the Forum and spiked my interest.  Mine will be pretty much the same as Gashslug's version except my hops will involve Vic Secret, Topaz and Amarillo.

• Like 3

On 3/15/2019 at 11:48 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Planning to do my version of Gashslugs Coopers NEIPA from youtube tomorrow (ooh, its actually today now).  This recipe came up somewhere-else on the Forum and spiked my interest.  Mine will be pretty much the same as Gashslug's version except my hops will involve Vic Secret, Topaz and Amarillo.

Second or third on my current to do list. Gashs one looks great but I’m thinking I might pull parts from this recipe and gashs

00B9C5B5-EBAD-4CD1-8292-601D1C380F31.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MitchBastard said:

Second or third on my current to do list. Gashs one looks great but I’m thinking I might pull parts from this recipe and gashs

That recipe looks delish!

I finished my NEIPA at the weekend. After five weeks it’s a shame how much the hop characteristics fade.  Still very very drinkable but nothing like the juice bomb when you first pour it 

• Sad 1