Coopers Community

OK, What's The Plan For Tomorrow?

Beerlust

14 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

🤣 is it true the the one in Bunno is the only one in the Southwest?

There’s one at Busselton but from my experience it’s not great. The one in Bunbury has more hops and grain for sure. 

They get most of their stuff from TWOC. Anything you order through them would be the same price as TWOC 

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2019 at 6:30 AM, Otto Von Blotto said:

Don't miss those bloody inspections. How did the pilsner taste at FG? 

Yeah, hate the inspections... Still a few years away from buying a place of our own..

Pilsner tasted really good 😉 Very happy so far, great clarity and colour. The bitterness is great and noticeably more than the last I brewed, so I'm very happy. I'm not touching these beers until after two months lagering. Will post the results on the 'RDWHAHB' thread.

Cheers, Lee

• Like 2

Great stuff mate. I got a real sense of achievement when I brewed my first decent pilsner. I think they're harder to brew well at home compared to ales where mistakes can be more easily hidden by malt or hops. There's not much to hide behind in a pilsner so when they turn out well you know you've done everything right. 

I thought we'd be a few years off buying too but decided to look in a different area just to see what was around. Obviously worked out well but of course everyone's situation is different. Glad we did it though.

• Like 1

American IPA on the cards for tomorrow. Pekko hops will be the primary hop with some citra to back it up. Never used Pekko so hope it goes well. This will go into my local IPA competition, 3 weeks away so will not be at its best.

• 2 weeks later...

Well not tomorrow exactly, but the day after. 😉

My current brew used a costly liquid yeast so I want to get a second brew from it. I won't have much time on Sunday for a typical partial mash brew day, so am going to do a rare kit & kilo brew with maybe a small grain & hop steep.

I'll mix this all up in one fermenter, & pour it over the yeast cake left from the previous brew that will be kegged earlier that day.

My income stream has recently changed (for the worse) so I'll have to get back to brewing more frequently as buying commercial beer will be an area I'll need to cut back on.

On a positive note it will likely force me to get off my @#$& & finally make the collar for my keezer to allow the housing of a 3rd keg within.

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

• Like 1

Planning to do my version of Gashslugs Coopers NEIPA from youtube tomorrow (ooh, its actually today now).  This recipe came up somewhere-else on the Forum and spiked my interest.  Mine will be pretty much the same as Gashslug's version except my hops will involve Vic Secret, Topaz and Amarillo.

• Like 3

On 3/15/2019 at 11:48 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Planning to do my version of Gashslugs Coopers NEIPA from youtube tomorrow (ooh, its actually today now).  This recipe came up somewhere-else on the Forum and spiked my interest.  Mine will be pretty much the same as Gashslug's version except my hops will involve Vic Secret, Topaz and Amarillo.

Second or third on my current to do list. Gashs one looks great but I’m thinking I might pull parts from this recipe and gashs

00B9C5B5-EBAD-4CD1-8292-601D1C380F31.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I'd restart this thread. IPA brew day tomorrow. Marris Otter, a little crystal and wheat. Centennial, Cascade and Chinook 300g total. US 05. Probably be my most expensive brew yet but all going well much cheaper than buying crafties. 

@Hilltop hops I brewed my most expensive brew yet today.  Pilsner malt, touch of munich, crystal, rye and oats.  It's a session NEIPA.  11g Warrior at FWH.  26g Cascade 10min, 22g Amarillo 5min.  A whopping 292g of aroma hops, I added these as cube hops and submerged the cube immediately to bring down the temp.  112g Mosaic for dry hop.  420g in total, this one cost a bit!  Be interesting to see if there are diminishing returns for using this level of hops in a beer.  It is a NEIPA though

• Like 2

Tomorrow (now today, I missed Saturday to post), my son's and I are 'buffalo winging', with my special sauce on the barby, but more importantly we are having a Pale Ale "off".

My PA's vs Coopers Pale Ale.

And guess what? I will not be publishing the results. 🤔😃

Cheers