Coopers Community

OK, What's The Plan For Tomorrow?

Beerlust

Kegging my very sessionable IPA, making room in the FV for something that resembles a PLPA. Mine will be lower in ABV but using the same malts and Mosaic and Cascade. Then I'll be back trying to get closer to the Throwback numbers, that is not finishing with such a high gravity.

Cheers & Beers

Scottie

Valley Brew

Brewing an APA, Magnum/Citra/Amarillo and mowing my old aunt's lawn while mashing is in progress.

Sunday another APA, Magnum/Citra/Mosiac.

Using Maris Otter for the first time so saving what little I have left of Golden Promise for my next Timothy Taylors Landlord knock off.

Well finally got home from my weekly jaunt in Sidney. Had a quick check in the freezer and kelsey's Ace of Spades Porter looks like its done will give it a test tomorrow. Having some of my hopped ipa's. Both dry hoped with mosaic but different quantites. Both very hoppy. I feel they are a little over carbbed for the style however. Still very nice but no head retention.

Ok so the English bitter got kegged. And ran a test on Ace of Spades Porter, sitting at 1.012 and still active so will leave for another week before CC. Tasted fantastic, so much so that I drank the whole test jar. Can't wait to get this on tap. But it will be at least a month before I'm able to do so. My intention is to leave for another week to finish the ferment. Then I will CC to 4deg for another week before kegging.

Well the thread title asked what I am doing tomorrow. Up here in Qld, and I guess in NSW, the answer would be "trying to stay cool". Well maybe that should read "trying not to get too hot".

Honestly, no point trying to put a brew down, too bloody hot. I've got Weissbier in the FV at the moment and I'm struggling to keep it no warmer than 30C. Yeah, I know, bloody terrible, but what can you do. Temp was fairly good for here when I put it down, but, well you know, s**t happens.

So just gunna sit in the A/C and forget the rest of the world.

Cheers

Bill

I think I'll be brewing the Siason I was supposed to have brewed last week but instead accidentally brewed what is now an ale with over-cooked US-05 pinched

I'll MAKE SURE I use the correct yeast this time! innocent

Well' date=' that didn't happen as planned. Unlike some parts of the world just a few hours flight west, it's actually cooled down here this week, too cool for saison brewing, so I put down another Amber instead. I wanted this Amber to be lighter than the last which was pretty damn dark. Instead it's ended up even darker! [img']pinched[/img]

50g roasted barley for colour adjustment - turns out Gladfield RB is 3 x the EBC of others! annoyed

I recall when I was a kid my mates older brother was in a band called "Black Amber" - sounds like a good name for this beer! cool

Well it is tomorrow for me. Finally arrived home just now after marathon trip from Sydney. Just had to have a couple of beers to calm the stresses before heading to bed. I kegged up last week one of my favorite coopers kits. English bitter, just a straight can and 1kg LDM. This IMHO is one of the best kits they do. Head retention is spot on, beer has that silky mouth feel and good cling.

Will post couple shots of this in the what you drinking thread tomorrow.

• 2 months later...

Planned tomorrow is another Ace of Spades Porter. Increased grain bill by about 8% to get a 23 litre batch rather than the 21 litre batch i did last time. Also using hops i have on hand. Otherwise same as Kelsey's original.

32 litres melbourne tap.

5.25kg marris otter

0.35kg black malt

0.20kg medium crystal

0.10kg chocolate malt

0.10kg roasted barley

36g fuggles boil 75

27g styrian golding boil 60

18g fuggles boil 20

18g styrian golding boil 10

Beersmith gives me:

42.5 IBU

81.3 EBC

1.058 SG

Not sure about the SG as have not really got BS dialed in for efficiency etc

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I went & purchased the ingredients for another batch of my Mosaic Amber Ale recipe earlier today.

The shift in weather has brought upon a pining for drinking this beer again soon that I just couldn't wait any longer for despite a host of lovely hops in my fridge atm that I wish to play around with.

I have the day off work tomorrow & if I rise early enough, will put it together & get it up & fermenting.

At worst I'll put it down this coming Sunday on my next day off.

It's arguably my best own devised beer. Love it! love

Cheers & good brewing over the weekend guys,

Lusty.

Plan for tomorrow is to throw some Polyclar into the currently CCing batch of Boh Pils, and that's about it. Probably soak my "foam at the start of a pour" pint glass in sodium perc as well to clean it up. I usually try to drink that excess beer once the foam settles down but half the time I forget about it and it just sits there and goes bad. lol Nothing a good soak in perc won't fix though.

Cleaning day for me tomorrow after my first ever kegged beer disappeared somehow after only a couple of weeksinnocent Oh, and I need to dry hop the two I have fermenting at the moment as well.

They'll be done by next week, so if I don't pick up another keg by then I'll have to dust off some bottles again for one of them.

Not sure why there was meant to be anything attached to that post - I"m sure you've all seen empty beer containers before.....
lol

I'm sure everyone's seen a broken down car or a minor nose to tail or something on the side of the freeway before too' date=' but it still doesn't stop the dickheads from all slowing down to gawk at it. [img']annoyed[/img]

said like a true bus driver Kelsey!

It must be infuriating some days dealing with the clowns on the road

Buses are great for mowing down clowns! They don't even dent! And the makeup wipes straight off! tongue

biggrin

Cheers' date='

Lusty.[/size']