Coopers Community

Be kind to cyclists

King Ruddager

It was good to meet you, Your Highness.

To be honest, it wasn't that hard to spot you in the crowd. Even though there were a jillion people dressed the same, there were only so many there with a small whiteboard & dog hand puppet!w00tlol

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was good to meet you' date=' Your Highness.

To be honest, it wasn't that hard to spot you in the crowd. Even though there were a jillion people dressed the same, there were only so many there with a small whiteboard & dog hand puppet![img']w00t[/img]lol

Huh, I thought it would be his regal grace and his Prince Humperdinck of Florin personality. rolleyes

To be honest, it wasn't that hard to spot you in the crowd. Even though there were a jillion people dressed the same, there were only so many there with a small whiteboard & dog hand puppet![img']w00t[/img]lol

Huh, I thought it would be his regal grace and his Prince Humperhinck of Florin personality. rolleyes

I always pictured K-Rudd as more of a inigo Montoya. He should finish each of his videos by saying "Prepare to die".

Huh, I thought it would be his regal grace and his Prince Humperhinck of Florin personality. rolleyes

I always pictured K-Rudd as more of a inigo Montoya. He should finish each of his videos by saying "Prepare to die".

Seriously,... you guys need to get out more. tonguerolleyes

• 3 months later...

So before winter properly sets in I thought I'd blow the cobwebs out and take the treadly to work .

Typical bogan issue commonflaw decides to hurl abuse and throw a bottle without seeing the railway crossing gates are already lowering 50 metres ahead .....

Hehehe so I rolls on up to say hi to find a few young fellas now gotten really shy .

The problem with cyclists is you need to accept that the internal combustion engine was invented and it fits on 2 wheels ha ha! With 150 HP on 2 wheels you can stay clear of all the cagers, and if they cut you off you only need a small gap in traffic to shoot by and take off their mirror or put a boot in their door ha ha!

Hadn't been on a bike since I was a teenager then on a recent overseas trip a Bike ride around some forest trails was an activity I took part in and loved it!

Just bought myself a new Mountainbike for my birthday in March and been hitting some trails in metro Melbourne, had to stop for some recent shoulder surgery but nearly ready to get out again and have a few more rides before the weather gets too cold.

I love it - bush bashing and bumps on single track...real adrenalin rush and good exercise too. Going to work up to a big ride when I'm capable and fit enough - there are quite a few in Victoria in Gippsland and around the Otway State Forest. (just not yet - don't want to embarrass myself!)

While there are a few thrills and spills in the bush I am just not game to get a road bike and battle with the traffic. Sure trees may hurt.....but they don't weight 2 tonnes and don't swerve to hit you!

I take my helmet off to you Ruddy and other riders who do battle the traffic - Ive never met a cyclist who doesn't eventually seem to be clipped by a car or something. Traffic in Melbourne is just too busy and too fast for me to consider it.

• 1 month later...

Hey fellow 2-wheel brewers, I recently discovered this old thread! Great timing with the Tour de France starting to ramp up and get interesting. Who's watching Le Tour?

I get on the bike every day (well, every weekday) as I commute to work. At least one of the trips I pick up or drop off my son from daycare. It's the best way to spend time with your kids and we have the best time. We point out diggers, sing songs, share food and sometimes getting drenched - like this morning and this afternoon!

Since I did the City of Sydney's cycling course, I have learnt how to pick a route, how to be best seen by other road users and be safe yet confident. I felt it was important if I am going to be riding every day to work with precious cargo strapped in behind me!

I do like the benefit of not having to pay for public transport and the bonus exercise means I can drink the delicious beer that I brew completely guilt-free! If I didn't cycle to work, I wouldn't be doing any exercise; comes with the territory with two young kids.

Recently bought a cargo bike that can hold two kids on the back. It may not be fast, but damn it's fun to ride. Not to mention a good workout (it's 35kg unloaded, with me and my 3yo it blows out to 120kg). Can also carry a case of home-brew in the front basket bandit

Haha Hairy. Yes that last statement can be true. I had a couple of downstairs "incidents" and have since bought padded shorts to handle the # of kilometres per week and hours in the saddle. No problems since!

I live in Leichhardt and commute to Town Hall. Days like today when I don't have to do drop off are great, straight over the Anzac Bridge and most of the ride is on separated cycleway. When I have to do via Chippendale, I take the quiet suburban streets with low traffic so at no time do I feel in danger or under pressure from cars.

Cycling in Sydney is definitely not dangerous if you pick the right route.

I do like the last leg from Chippendale to Town Hall. Straight down Broadway and George St. It's usually grid locked so I just whiz by the cars and straight into the showers at work

I have also heard that riding too much can place a lot of pressure on your joolbag tongue

Not sure whether I've mentioned it on here, but I've actually done an "Everesting". If you don't know what that is you probably don't want to, suffice to say that by the end of it my saddle felt like a cheese-grater.

Not sure whether I've mentioned it on here' date=' but I've actually done an "Everesting". If you don't know what that is you probably don't want to, suffice to say that by the end of it my saddle felt like a cheese-grater.[/quote']

I did read that bit Rudd. Had to Google what it was. That's a monumentus effort in one day. I'll leave that sort of riding to you! I don't have the bike, the time, the fitness or the ambition to attempt that. Congrats on the achievement, very few of the riders I know would finish that

Otto, I've been watching more of Le Tour than I planned thanks to a 6month old baby who likes to party about 10.30pm

• 2 months later...
Greg (or anyone) - if you feel like hauling your bike down to Port Elliot on Saturday then you'll be able to find me on Crows Nest road smile ... All. Day. sad

What makes me do this?? unsure

Maybe you don't realise the internal combustion engine was invented and your bike will go much faster with one?lol

Sorry Ruddy, can't make it to Pt Elliot on Saturday.

Crows Nest Road...everesting again?? You know you can hire sherpas for that, Sir Edmund Hillary did it years ago!! happywink

My next ride might be Amy's Ride in November & have registered for Bupa - 58kms from Mt Pleasant this time.

Good luck Saturday.

Archived