Coopers Community

Black Crow

c18876

Des,

Black Crow started around 1995. It was produced for a little while until about 2 years later when sales became extremely low, so production stopped. On its' release Black Crow actually had huge sales but then tapered off. At that stage its demise was most likely due to the fact that mid-strength beer sales in most states were not that popular, except for Western Australia and Queensland.

That was the situation back then. I can rule out for now that Coopers won't be bringing the name Black Crow back on a product, but may down the track look again at midstrength type ales and beers.

Thanks for your enquiry.

Cheers

Claire

• 3 months later...

Hi Claire,

Do you know of any Black Crow bottles floating around out there (full or empty). I am seeking one, two etc,.... for my collection. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS.

BJ

PS When are you coming back to Sydney to have a drink with me again!!! :wink: When is the next SYDNEY Coopers night?

• 2 weeks later...

No real bottles, but label and bottle piccies at:

http://www.cooperspubs.com/coopersbeers.htm#blackcrow

and

http://www.cooperspubs.com/gallery_labels_old.htm

Cheers

William

PS - my notes on it are:

Now extinct, this Crow was a filtered mid strength ale launched in October 1993 and named by public competition. The name and label colours closely match those of a vastly popular local South Australian Footy team. But even that didn't grab the public eye and it was discontinued in 1997.

• 1 month later...
Hi Claire,

Do you know of any Black Crow bottles floating around out there (full or empty). I am seeking one, two etc,.... for my collection. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS.

BJ

PS When are you coming back to Sydney to have a drink with me again!!! :wink: When is the next SYDNEY Coopers night?

BJ

If you are interested I have a full stubbie of Black Crow you can have, let me know if you are interested

I am in Melb

Regards

MPS

• 5 months later...

Stewie,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you mate, it's only been 5 mths (ha ha). I have been on the message board but did not see your reply. Again mate, sorry.

Yes, I am very interested if you still have the bottle. Tell me more please.

CHEERS,

BJ

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hahaha I reckon it might be another full year until this black crow deal is sorted out..! you guys need to use "topic reply notify" by email.. then you'll know when someone has posted a message in here, because you'll get sent an email telling you that there's a new message in the "Black Crow" thread. Stewie posted his first offer in dec 2003.. and BJ still hasnt got the beer.. :lol:

• Haha 1

• 17 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 6:32 PM, DavidM said:

Pale Man was Bored that day!! 🤣

Sure was.

Funny how the two blokes literally had years between conversation and we still don't know if ol mate got his Black Crow. I actually remember that beer it wasn't one of Coopers finest.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...