Coopers Community

Adelaide Beer & BBQ Festival 2015

Beerlust

Hi guys,

Just a heads up, SA's beer festival is now just over a month away.

Adelaide Beer & BBQ Festival 2015 (July 10-12).

Looks like a really good line up this year with some breweries I admit I haven't heard of, so will be looking forward to sampling their wares among my usual favourites. biggrin

I imagine we'll probably receive some additional information through an upcoming Coopers Club newsletter as Coopers is again a major sponsor/partner of the event. cool

Great Beer, Cider, Food & Music. What more could you want?

Cheers,

Lusty.

Yep really looking forward to this. Going on the Saturday with a few mates, not sure how long $50 worth of tokens will last but I assume you can buy more there if need be.

It's nice that Coopers is a sponsor and all, but not sure how busy their taps will be - with so many unique and hard to find beers on tap I can't see too many people spending their hard earned tokens on a beer you can buy at any ol' pub these days...

• 1 month later...

Going to be a very cold day Saturday ... wet too ... I hope most of it is under cover , as with the event being sold out I assume I am going to be waiting in queues at the most popular brewers' stands sad

well we had a good time at the festival yesterday, lots of good beers to try and a good,beer savvy crowd overall. Food stalls had quite long line ups unfortunately but getting a beer was no problem. Price of entry included a glass beer stein to use and take home, and there were washing stations to clean it before refills.

Only slight disappointment for me was the fact they advertised that Sierra nevada was sending stock over, which i assume meant i was going to finally try some of their delicious pale ale on tap,but alas all their beers were just in stubbies so no go...however they did have their new wet hop oil IPA there and it was pretty much the standout of the show for me, such a really hoppy taste and aroma, will be looking forward to more of these down the track.

So overall, a great show , lot of brewers to talk to and beers to drink, and looking forward to next year, I just hope it's in warmer weather biggrin

Archived