Coopers Community

bottle capper

Chrisso

Super Automatic capper

Only new to this whole process have been using reused twist tops and also 750ml porcelain sealed type bottles.

Started to use crown seals with my new capper today, they seal ok ( checked by inverting bottle), but thought the crown seal would compress more than it actually does,

Any comments please?

First time I bought a bench capper, I thought I was crimping enough but you have to push really quite hard for it to fully compress the caps properly...you should feel it sort of "give" when it does it properly

Yeah probably just give it more pressure. Don't be scared of breaking bottles, it's highly unlikely to happen. I have a drill press capper (a small spring loaded part that fits in the chuck like a drill bit would), I'll grab a pic or two of it in action when I bottle a brew on the weekend, but it works the same way, you can feel it when it has fully crimped the crown seal over the top of the bottle. Never had any issues with either pry off or twist top style bottles using it.

Thanks for the replies, I have taken the advice and gone out and pressed down really hard with the capper but still the crown does not roll over as much as I thought it should.

I have attached a couple of pictures for comments.

Thanks

This is unrelated but does anyone know why I can't log in using my Samsung tablet???

Another thing to note, at least with my super auto, is that when it has crimped properly, the bottle will lift up with the handle, and you have to sort of "unpry" it from the bell housing ... if it doesnt do that i can see that it clearly hasn't compressed the cap properly...

Another thing to note' date=' at least with my super auto, is that when it has crimped properly, the bottle will lift up with the handle, and you have to sort of "unpry" it from the bell housing ... if it doesnt do that i can see that it clearly hasn't compressed the cap properly...[/quote']

when i first got my super auto, i thought there was something wrong with it (or me) as the bottles kept getting stuck in the housing and had to pull them out like you described.

after two weeks a popped one open to check it had sealed and carbed, it carbed up perfectly, so now i just take it that they are ment to get a little stuck in the housing....

Hi all

Have just opened one of my bottles, no sign of any issues plenty of gas and taste is pretty good after only been bottled last Thursday. looking forward to the taste after a month or so.

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice, will be looking in on articles as they come.

Interesting. I can get on quite easily on mine.

My phone's pretty old, running Android 2.3.5 still. Plus I'm running a third party browser (Boat Browser). So I'm not surprised some of the websites with more complex setups like Coopers don't 100% work. Problem is that now manufacturers have just about given up on hardware QWERTY phones I can't upgrade! I've tried but can't get used to the on-screen keypads.

Archived