Coopers Community

Coopers shipping from Queensland?

Xenon

I put an order in on Monday for a few bits, but noticed in the Auspost track that the items were picked up from somewhere in Queensland and they have been there since then...surely all the stuff gets shipped straight from Regency Park ... I mean it has for all my other orders (I'm in SA)

I left it a little late for the phone support (4-30 pm) so will ring tomorrow perhaps but this just seemed a bit odd...

Where are you? I would assume Coopers have warehouses in all states.

When tracking postage it only registers when scanned - ie into a new location.

If your order is on the road then there is a fair chance it has not been received into a new location - as it is in transit - and there fore not showing as in a new location.

Just talked to customer support and all online orders do come from Queensland. Guess I will just have to sit and wait, but does seem odd it doesn't get shipped locally from the factory here in SA.

Yes really caught me out. I bulk buy and due to the excellent next day delivery that I received being in Adelaide I wasn't bother that I'd run out of English Bitter.

I brew up on Fridays so an order for 10 cans at 6am on Wednesday was going to be no problem- Ha. Other than "being "delivered" anytime up to next Thursday is now just crap. If I had known, could have gone to Dan Murphys and paid the extra $0.09 cents extra per can above the Coopers club price! Now my brew schedules up the wall but oh well.

Sadly and more importantly, it would seem more SA jobs gone to the wall as well.

Yep, we've moved the operation in-house, which might sound a bit odd - it's our distribution operation based in QLD. We didn't set it up this way in the first place because we didn't have sufficient warehousing and refrigeration up that way. cool

As for job losses - not sure but we were only a miniscule part of the contracting company's operations, so I'd imagine it had no effect.

It's now Monday evening, Australia Post's tracking system is useless. Although registered for email updates as to delivery situation with them all they can report is " in transit". Transport does run on weekends so where is it? I suspect us South Australians now have to wait for transport from Brisbane to go to Sydney for drop off's, go to Melbourne and then Adelaide. Thanks Coopers for not advising at time of order that the change to Qld would amount to " in transit ".

Sorry but I'm pissed off, my brew routine is all stuffed up!

My order ended up arriving on Friday , after ordering on the Monday, so looks like a week is the delivery time to allow for now. Mind you I don't often order from coopers, generally go to the LHBS, but I needed a couple of new taps for my FV and with $15 postage I thought I should get an IPA can or two to make it worthwhile...

Your not wrong about Australia post. My wife rang me to let me know that my order had arrived home on Friday and 4 hours later I got an email saying it was due for delivery that day. This morning I got the same email then one 3 min later saying order delivered.

Tracking is absolutely useless

• 8 months later...

Oh this system is great mate, well done Coopers. happy

I put in an order to take advantage of the over $80 free shipping, that was Wednesday at 11:30 am and today Friday at 11:58 am my delivery arrived, 48 hours.happy

Queensland (Brisbane) is were the distribution warehouse is and I live North side, way better than having to wait for the long trip from Adelaide. lol

Winner winner, you know the rest. tongue

Cheers

Cmon Otto , plenty of room in qld ...just not enough water or highway infrastructure to support all the sea/tree changers who want to retire there , I had my 25 yr long "holiday " there but moved home to SA few years back

On the upside for you there'll always be work for bus drivers

Yeah plenty of room out in the outback, they can go out there... lol

I guess I'm just sick of seeing the character of the place ruined to put up ugly apartment blocks to cater for all these yuppies who want to live close to the CBD, but the infrastructure hasn't really changed in 30 or 40 years. Yeah yeah progress and all that, they can stick that in the same place they can stick their misguided lock-out laws.

/endrant

As you were... whistling

Living in Brisbane vs longer postal delivery

I will take the longer postal delivery tongue

Otto, your city will maintain the Status Quo. That is it remain stuck in the late 70's and early 80's, the period Status Quo was (sort of) popular.

I think I'd prefer the late 70s and early 80s version of it to what we've got now. At least it had its own identity then instead of trying to be the trendy disaster it's becoming. Unfortunately it's a knock down and rebuild city. A lot of heritage has been destroyed thanks to a premier who measured success by "the number of cranes on the skyline". When I was in Sydney a couple of years back I noted that there has been a lot more of it kept down there compared to here. Much better balance of history and modern development I thought.

I think I'd prefer the late 70s and early 80s version of it to what we've got now. At least it had its own identity then instead of trying to be the trendy disaster it's becoming. Unfortunately it's a knock down and rebuild city. A lot of heritage has been destroyed thanks to a premier who measured success by "the number of cranes on the skyline". When I was in Sydney a couple of years back I noted that there has been a lot more of it kept down there compared to here. Much better balance of history and modern development I thought.

The Rocks (the area where we caught up) has some nice old buildings and others are scattered throughout the city. They are grand old stone buildings with a lot of details eg. statues carved into alcoves etc.

They get lost amongst the big glass buildings that dominate the city. The occasional one has a nice design but mostly they are boring glass towers with no character.

There are areas where they maintain the external appearance but modernise the interior. There are old wool sheds in Ultimo that have been converted to offices but the outside still retains its original look.

We can't destroy our history.

Now don't get me started on Sydney traffic.

Yeah I really liked the Rocks area. I reckon if you took the area of Brisbane's CBD and put it over Sydney's, the proportion of heritage buildings to boring glass towers in that area would be larger in Sydney than up here. I noticed a lot of them when we walked the streets. A fair number of the ones that are left up here are inconspicuous, a fair number of the big noticeable ones have been knocked down.

They've done that with the old wool stores in Newstead too, except they've mainly been converted to apartments. One of them houses one of those self storage mobs too. I think it's a great idea, sort of a reminder of the past but being used for a modern purpose rather than being demolished and replaced.

I don't expect a city to stay frozen in time, but I think some places better balance heritage with modern development than others.

• 2 months later...

Credit where credit is due. Fastest delivery from QLD to Adelaide yet. Placed order Wednesday morning and advised Aust. Post notified at 1pm. Order delivered today (sat) at 10.30 am from Lonsdale depot SA.

Well done Coopers and for once Australia Post.

Cheers

• 4 months later...
I dont mind the time it takes to get to me here in Vic just wish who ever is kicking the cans along the way would stop!!!!!!

regards mick

Same issue still happening except clearly not damaged in transit as the worst damaged cans were in the middle of the carton and the LDM and carb drops on the exterior were untouched. They are treating their most loyal customers as mugs. Have sent an email and looking forward to some sort of explanation.

Archived