Coopers Community

Ever watched one of those boring YouTube home-brewing tutorials?

But i was wondering' date=' do [tea balls'] float with the hops in them or sink to the bottom and if so what affect that would have with them being in the sludge on the bottom of the FV compared to floating on top when using a tea bag / cleaning cloth / muslin ?

When you put them in they always sink, but with mine if there's more than about 10g of hops they float back to the top eventually

I find the swirl method works well, dry malt in first then a few litres of cold water and a swirl of about 20sec or so seems to do it. Then when the hot stuff goes in it all gets a good stir so nothing is stuck to the bottom.

I've tried several different methods and made some horrible looking malt popcorn in the past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been watching a few of your vids King and I must say they beat all of those boring 15 min of crap how to brew vids out there. I like the fast motion and commentary added over the top Which makes a quick and informative clip.

My only suggestion would be to have a few frames of your grain bill and hop schedules on the old white board so us a amatures could make some notes to more easily follow your recipes.

Cheers and keep up the good work !!!

Been watching a few of your vids King and I must say they beat all of those boring 15 min of crap how to brew vids out there. I like the fast motion and commentary added over the top Which makes a quick and informative clip.

My only suggestion would be to have a few frames of your grain bill and hop schedules on the old white board so us a amatures could make some notes to more easily follow your recipes.

Thanks mate, that's exactly what I want to hear! The full recipe is usually in the comments, but that's a good suggestion - perhaps I might start putting those bits and pieces in as subtitles as I mumble my way through the ingredients.

Also, new video uploading, stay tuned ...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking of that, but I'm not really sure how to do it without basically getting smashed off my tits. I've got 10 brew day videos now though so there'd certainly be enough material. The only really interesting outcome out of it all though is probably the dark ale, which came out very not dark and which I have since dubbed "mystery beer".

Ask in a month - it only just went in the fermenter Sunday

ha whoops. i have only just got ADSL connected to my new house so i was going back and viewing the vids i hadnt seen due to only having phone data!

well report back in a month, im close to going BIAB.