Coopers Community

Ever watched one of those boring YouTube home-brewing tutorials?

G'day Your Kingship, it is in keeping with the name and can be built on. wink

The point came across and you can do a more indepth look at hop usage next time, or subsequent videos. cool

Too many people on YouTube ramble on for twenty five minutes and don't get as much across as you have, with all their um's are's and other unessesary verbage and waffle. whistling

Cheers.

Hey King,

Loving the vids... very easy to follow and interesting to watch biggrin

I've just got a question about the 'Viking' beer recipe you had. I'm fairly new to brewing so bare with me innocent

Do you end up adding yeast at the end of it? Or is it ready to drink at the end of that process?

Hi Ruddy.

I enjoyed watching a couple of the videos from the links you provided placed over on your YouTube channel. Informative, entertaining, clever, & well constructed & edited. I've dabbled in this area myself quite a bit over the last 10-15 years, so appreciate the effort taken to produce the material you are presenting. cool

Oddly enough, I viewed the first couple "muted" as I was listening to some tunes at the time & they were still really good visually in a sort of Charlie Chaplin sort of way! biggrin

(I did re-watch them with the sound on later!) wink

Externally as mundane as a topic named, "Life as a Bottle" could be outwardly, I thought it was very clever how you presented it.

I just wanted to wish you well moving forward with the videos, as I reckon you have a real flair for presentation.

ToYouSir.jpg

Well done, & I'll look forward to your future videos. smile

Lusty.

I've just got a question about the 'Viking' beer recipe you had. I'm fairly new to brewing so bare with me innocent

Do you end up adding yeast at the end of it? Or is it ready to drink at the end of that process?

It still needs to ferment' date=' but at the end of the video it's too hot to put the yeast in so I put it in that big blue thing to cool down for a few days, then pour it into a fermenter and add yeast then.

Well done, & I'll look forward to your future videos.

Thanks Beerlust. It's no effort from my perspective because it's fun, and the sort of offbeat childish silliness that comes through is just natural for me. I have no shame wink

If I had not seen your video i may have walked past this gem.

Hah! Awesome! I'd been meaning to get one of those for ages before I finally did.

Hey there' date=' the videos are great. Keep them coming. I tried to watch something else the other night, 10 mins in, guy in his kitchen blabbering on…. you know the drill. Love your props. What is the mascot's name? Waz[/quote']

That's exactly why I'm making these videos! The dog is just known as "dog" at this stage. I've also got a witch puppet and other things. Might keep using the axe too? Also, what was the topic of the video you were watching?

I've had another new idea actually: "Home brewer evolution", or something like that

I'll just go through what you start with to make your first K&K, and then how you progress from there to kits and bits, extract, mini-mash and all grain showing all the different ingredients and equipment you build up along the way.

Hey there' date=' the videos are great. Keep them coming. I tried to watch something else the other night, 10 mins in, guy in his kitchen blabbering on…. you know the drill. Love your props. What is the mascot's name? Waz[/quote']

That's exactly why I'm making these videos! The dog is just known as "dog" at this stage. I've also got a witch puppet and other things. Might keep using the axe too? Also, what was the topic of the video you were watching?

I realise this is not being helpful but it will prove the point best when I say I can honestly not remember the topic sleeping

Bring out the axe wielding witch wink

I've read for steeping just go with 10X the weight of the grains. So for 250g it would be 2.5L. If my math is correct.

Thanks for the reply.

A steeping vs mashing video would be really helpful for people looking to get into partials and or biab

Thanks

That's what I used to do when I was doing kits/extracts and steeping grains. Worked fine.

There's not a whole lot of difference between steeping grains and BIAB mashing of grains, except a bigger pot and the temp needing to be kept stable during the mash (or more stable than a steep). Other methods of mashing have some differences though.

I've read for steeping just go with 10X the weight of the grains. So for 250g it would be 2.5L. If my math is correct.

Sounds like a good guideline, but it's probably also a minimum. Steeping in more than the minimum wouldn't have any bad effects.

Your Highness - the videos are excellent - loved the one on hops

King Ruddager

I've had another new idea actually: “Home brewer evolution”, or something like that

I'll just go through what you start with to make your first K&K, and then how you progress from there to kits and bits, extract, mini-mash and all grain showing all the different ingredients and equipment you build up along the way.

Great idea and would help us newbies get a clue of what lies beyond the Starter Kit Box

Long may you reign! happy