Coopers Community

Ever watched one of those boring YouTube home-brewing tutorials?

I'm loving the videos KR!

I especially enjoyed the part where you left the camera on while you went down the shops to get the Juniper berries biggrin

On a side note I think I'll put Juniper berries on the list of ingredients to try. I enjoyed the Killer Sprocket 'Hey Juniper' pale ale I had a few weeks back.

I can explain it.

It's more accurate, you can more easily adjust carbonation level for different styles, you can use all different sized bottles if you want to, and they all end up with the same level of carbonation. It's about 1/6 of the cost of carb drops. I also find it makes bottling much quicker, despite the cleanup of the extra vessel.

IN short, I think it's absolutely worth it.

biggrin

I use one of the 25 litre water containers from Bunnings. They have provision for a tap. Headspace is no problem as obviously there is no fermentation going on at the bottling stage. I'll find a link when I get home to the computer. Definitely less sediment, in fact none really, in the bottling bucket, as the beer is racked off it and the sediment is left behind in the primary. I like those containers because they have a lid so you don't have to have the beer exposed to the open air while bottling it.

Edit:Here is the link to the bucket I use: http://www.bunnings.com.au/venture-bmw-25l-blue-tint-wide-mouth-water-storage-drum-with-bung_p3240533

Mine isn't blue, just the normal white/opaque, but I can't see that being a problem. They are food grade after all.

The bung in the bottom of it there can be removed and replaced with a tap. These are available from Bunnings as well. They are located in the outdoor section where all the camping equipment/eskies etc. are.

Cheers

Kelsey

• Like 1

G'day Your Kingship, bottling using the bottle wand on the flexible hose, so many people seem to miss how easy it makes bottling rather than lifting each bottle up and than putting it down...D'oh, line 'em up fill'em cap'em, carb'em, drink'em, oops got carried away, but you get it. wink

cheers.

So' date=' any requests? Otherwise I'm going to have to start stealing ideas from other YouTube-ers ...[/quote']

Hey there, loving your videos. Can you make them longer? smile

Just random ideas here: mixing LDM, blending kit and malt, or even hopping with just extract, why use dextrose or not.. So I guess that is all about sugars then. How sweet it is.

Rehydrating yeast?

Cheers!

In the spirit of keeping these videos simple you could try:

Dry hoping

Hop tea

Steeping specialty grains

Grains and hops ... that would be a good one. Could probably do one on just hops and explain that chart I always refer to. You know the one ...

• 2 weeks later...
I think you may have created a world first here your highness.. I don't think anyone would have ever made such a documentary. I want some of whatever you're smoking! brilliant work. Keep-em coming!

I'm a creative type wink This is why my channel is going to be better than all the others out there too.

Magnaman - the wand thing ... my tube won't fit on it unfortunately. It's very loosely attached when I bulk prime even so I have to sit there making sure it doesn't fall off. I do like your idea though! One day perhaps ...

G'day Your Kingship' date=' what I did was get a length of hose "tube" from the LHBS that fitted tightly on the bottle wand and then cut a 30mm length off the bottle wand, pushed that in the hose, not to far or it's hard to get out, then attached that to the fermenter and then put the wand on the other end of the hose "tube", works a treat and now have the freedom of movement and fill a lot of bottles no lifting each one. [img']wink[/img]

Cheers.