Coopers Community

Ever watched one of those boring YouTube home-brewing tutorials?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, King Ruddager said:

Includes hilarious political jokes ...

1:47 - "because it's stupidly hot".  And you're wearing a long-sleeve shirt!??  😮    In that heat I'd be wanting to peel my skin off!   😁

Edited by BlackSands

38 minutes ago, King Ruddager said:

I wouldn’t even mind harvesting it myself. How’d you source it again?

Left Barrel brewing in Balhannah use it in several brews,  the Forty,  Six and two ipa and the red wheat. 

You can culture can dregs easily enough or if the timing is right he may have a clean,  fresh culture he may be willing to share 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark D Pirate said:

Left Barrel brewing in Balhannah use it in several brews,  the Forty,  Six and two ipa and the red wheat. 

You can culture can dregs easily enough or if the timing is right he may have a clean,  fresh culture he may be willing to share 

Think I might grab a bit of this yeast. The way your talking about it sounds very interesting. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, King Ruddager said:

I don't because I started with less ... although in a way you could be right ... nah I'm effectively not starting with enough water so it does need a top-up

Oh ok. Oh well, I’m not sure then apart from reduced efficiency due to the amount of grain. Anyways, looking forward to the tasting video. 👍🏼

9 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Oh ok. Oh well, I’m not sure then apart from reduced efficiency due to the amount of grain. Anyways, looking forward to the tasting video. 👍🏼

I think for this, the stout, the porter and the ESVA ROTM I've done recently I should do a re-visit tasting video in a few months to see how they've developed

Only problem is i'm almost out of ESVA ... better stop drinking it 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yip. I bought two rotm packs. Used us05 instead of the coopers commercial yeast. I got through the first batch within a month. It was very tasty but just wasn’t the same as the coopers release. I thought it was the us05. The Aramis hops were quite powerful. Anyway I’ve been away to Europe and I’ve brewed An NEIPA in the meantime so haven’t been into the rest of the vintage. But cracked one the weekend and it so now so much more closer to the coopers release. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 10:32 AM, King Ruddager said:

How's this reusing yeast method turn out KR?

I've just put down a Cooper's pale with the commercial yeast and was thinking of mixing up an ESVA in another FV, bottling the pale when finished, them dumping the ESVA on top of the leftover CCA yeast once the pale is bottled. Will this work much the same as your method above?

Just concerned about sanitization.