Coopers Community

Brew enhancer 1 or 2?

cannons001

Thanks.

I'm trying some back to basics experiments. I only have the 15L craft fermenter so I'm starting with half a can of Australian Pale Ale, 500g of Brew Enhancer 2 (as per instructions).

Next time I'll use the rest of the can, the rest of the BE2 and maybe some dry hops and/or a hop boil.

For the third round, I'll substitute LDM and see what happens.

Tossing up whether to get another craft fermenter because they're on sale at Aldi for $50-00 including the makings for the first 10L brew or to go with a normal big fermenter to give some flexibility and because I'm getting a bit sick of halving the cans all the time.

Space is the other factor of course. I don't think I'd be able to get two craft fermenters into my small laundry sink, but I suppose one could go onto the floor.

It will make it nice, clean and crisp. At 7g a packet it isn't really a massive overpitch.

Are you near a homebrew shop, because I am sure you can get fermenters cheaper than $50.

The experiment sounds nice, I would like to see how it comes out to your tastes and preferences.

Cheers

Norris

7 hours ago, DonPolo said:

Tossing up whether to get another craft fermenter because they're on sale at Aldi for $50-00 including the makings for the first 10L brew or to go with a normal big fermenter to give some flexibility and because I'm getting a bit sick of halving the cans all the time.

Space is the other factor of course. I don't think I'd be able to get two craft fermenters into my small laundry sink, but I suppose one could go onto the floor.

Hi DonPolo.
Dan Murphy has the 25 litre DIY kit on sale currently for $98.90 if you have a Dan's card. Membership is free.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_730573/coopers-diy-home-brewing-kit

Don't forget that the craft kit includes another set of equipment

1 x Coopers Snap Tap $5
2 x Lid Clips $1
1 x Durable Hydrometer & Measuring Flask $5
1 x Adhesive Thermometer Strip $5
1 x Bottling Valve $5
11 x 740ml PET Bottles & Caps $12 

1 x Bewitched Amber Ale concentrate $15  

1 x Packet carb drops $3

Pretty close to $50 worth

I am tempted

They're $49.95 at Aldi so not too shabby. For me it not so much the price it's the volume. I had the room in my sink I'd probably plump for two craft size. On the other hand I don't need all those other doo dads. Already have all the equipment from my previous craft beer kit purchase and have plenty of bottles.