Sign in to follow this  
King Ruddager

Aww, I want to read the replies to my thread

I've had the same thing since yesterday. None of the other threads is affected, just that one. There was another thread started recently about brewing fridges that just seemed to disappear into thin air, didn't even get an error message, just a 404 page not found. alien

CanCanMan, the last poster in the thread, has accidentally typed in a character that the python script considers to be "illegal". And the gee-whiz developers of the new forum are too inept to have sufficient error-checking so the script just barfs! It happened to me a few days ago too after I hit the preview button (instead of the submit button, thank heavens), and was lucky enough to be able to use the go-back button in the web browser and fix up the line where the message said it was barfing at. At least then it could be successfully previewed and submitted.

With all the problems that come up from these gee-whiz people, and all the great suggestions from all of the members here they are unable to implement, I just hope Coopers are only letting them do it as a work experience gig.

Hey P2, all I can say is that you are a far kinder person than me, the main reason I stopped posting about these issues. rolleyes

Cheers.

Maybe I should reconsider my opinion of the development team and be a bit more understanding, MagnaMan. I really do appreciate they are working under a lot of restrictions. Especially when I'm pretty sure the lead coder's mum insists he/she have a bath and be in bed by the time the 7:30 Report comes on telly.

I hope Little Bobby Tables doesn't show up.

Ahhh. That exploit brings back memories!

To be honest though' date=' I haven't looked into it enough to see what they're using as a back end. Then again, I wouldn't be too shocked if the development team don't know either. [img']biggrin[/img]

I've had the same thing since yesterday. None of the other threads is affected' date=' just that one. There was another thread started recently about brewing fridges that just seemed to disappear into thin air, didn't even get an error message, just a 404 page not found. [img']alien[/img]

Yeah I had a topic where I gave a shout out to an old forum member recently and must have offended someone because it to had disappeared.

Though if you didn't see my post King I said to get a SS bench/table, SS conical fermenter, and a fully automated all grain set up.

Oh and why not get a kegerator as well.

Cheers

I hope Little Bobby Tables doesn't show up.

He has one hell of a custom number plate...

500x_for_traffic_cameras.jpg

Have sent the issue through to the geeks - now we wait...

I'm sorry' date=' King Rudd. I guess I F&*%ed your post. Maybe you could re post it?[/quote']

I also get the same error trying to see your post history, Chad!

Hmm! I don't know what the !@#$ is going on with my posts, then. I throw myself at the mercy of the Cooper's geeks! Please help, Sir Geeks!

Hmm! I don't know what the !@#$ is going on with my posts' date=' then. I throw myself at the mercy of the Cooper's geeks! Please help, Sir Geeks![/quote']

Shhhhh. They're having their afternoon nap and if they don't get it, they are really really cranky at dinner and bath time.

Hmm! I don't know what the !@#$ is going on with my posts' date=' then. I throw myself at the mercy of the Cooper's geeks! Please help, Sir Geeks![/quote']

Shhhhh. They're having their afternoon nap and if they don't get it, they are really really cranky at dinner and bath time.

Oh is that it, I thought they were still celebrating the win over South Africa in the cricket. whistling

Cheers.

That is a NO and a FAIL, do Coopers pay money to the people that are supposed to look after the "Website", you may want to revisit the arrangement. bandit

Hey KR, I feel your pain regarding your broken thread. My thread is also broken. https://www.coopers.com.au/coopers-forum/topic/13793/

I think I broke it myself, will follow Antiphiles advice and use the preview function from now on.

Following the advice offered before the thread went to cyberspace hospital I picked up a 300 litre all fridge for $10. Just waiting for the STC 1000 to arrive, I hope it's the right one, 9 bucks off eBay, seems to have the same specs as the dearer ones. Very happy with them acquisitions. Will post pics once I've worked out how to do that.

Cheers, Hoops.

Well the treads aren't fixed and looks as though they won't be, surprise surprise. sad

One of two things, they are unable, for many reasons, (think derogatory), or they don't care, after all it's just a forum. sad

Both are a FAIL.

Last word.

Have sent the issue through to the geeks - now we wait...

and wait...

...and wait.

IT people are so angry rightful

OK, Waxy. I'm a fair puppy and a firm believer in the 80/20 rule. So I'll accept 80% of the responsibility for their anger, if Magnamity, KR Darling Downs and you share the other 20!