Coopers Community

bavarian lager getting discontinued

THIRSTY MATT

i was just flicking through the site and realised bavarian lager has been discontinued.

i wonder if the people who did buy and make it kept it long enough or drank it to early?

the two i made actually had a strange/weird/funny/whatever flavour in the first 2 months, but ended up being two of the best batches ive ever made.

im very suprised it didnt sell!!

then again a homebrewer with patience is like rockin horse poo i guess.

cheers

matt

I also have made a few Bavarian brew's & once they aged were very nice. I recently brewed the new European Lager and have sampled a few bottles from the batch and felt that it tasted similar to the Bavarian.

So Paul I guess this question is for you, am I imagining this or is the European Lager similar to the Bavarian Lager it replaced?

The Bavarian was discontinued because of poor sales :(

The Euro Lager is a different brew to Bavarian (tried to get something close to Stella). The key differences are: addition of malted wheat, softer bitterness and late hop addition. The yeast is the same - a true lager yeast.

Rather than using BE2 as the adjunct, you might like to try 500g of BE1 and 500g of Light Dry Malt.

Thanks for the reply Paul.

I brewed the European Lager using an Ultra Brew mix from my local "Country Brewer" store which has 500g L/Dry Malt, 250g Maltodextron, 250g Dextrose, which should be close to your recommendation. It's an awesome brew that I am trying to keep for Summer (I have to hide it before it's all gone!!)

I noticed that the local store had a couple of Bavarian Lager cans for around $10, I should've grabbed them when I had the chance....

Archived