Coopers Community

First Pale

DC

Well as stated before i'm new to this on Friday (2 days ago) I started my second brew i've gone for the coopers Pale Ale and added 500gm of coopers light dry malt 250gm dextrose and used 7ms of yeast and it is happily bubbling away i'm relly looking forward to see what it's like :D Any tips as to how long I should let it stand after bottling or other tips for a new brewer. My father in law gave me my first kit it was one of the many he has along with 100 crown seal bottles, GOD BLESS HIS SOUL, I CAN TELL THIS WILL BE A LIFE LONG PASSION.

Cheers

Damian

Cheers mate I'll give that a go in the next batch, how close to the real thing is the end product. I have no idea about kegging as yet but it does sound like something i'll eventually have a crack at.

Thanks i'll be checking it out, also just a question, my brew has been bubbling (airlock) for the past two an a half days about every 2 seconds today it has stopped and the water in the airlock has evened itself out I have pushed on the fermenter to adjust the water level in the airlock but it goes straight back to level is this anything to be concerned about or is it just one of those things that happen.

Damian

Take no notice of the airlock.

Don't be concerned.

Ignore the airlock!

Around day 6, draw a sample off from the tap and check the density with the hydrometer. Do this each day. Once the density stabilises you can be confident that the brew has reached Final Gravity.

Disregard what the airlock is doing and

IGNORE THE AIRLOCK :wink:

Thanks mate just thought i'd make sure, it's good being a new brewer and being able to get advice from this forum I appreciate it so once again thanx :D

There are 2 completely useles pieces in our Micro-Brew kit.

1. Airlock

2. Sediment reducer

Of course, if you don't use the airlock, you don't need the lid and grommet - that makes 4 useless pieces . :lol:

As Luke said, use cling wrap with a pinhole. It works effectively as a closed fermentation, you can watch the show and you never have to clean another lid!! If you have a brew that foams up and makes a mess, simply remove the cling wrap and fit a fresh sheet. :wink:

Sounds like a plan, thank you for the words of wisdom i'll be giving it a crack next time round. Having less to clean is a added bonus, ONYA FELLAS.

Archived