Coopers Community

New Year Beer, my dear.

antiphile

Since I only have a dozen stout left up here with me after a very sharing Christmas and New Year up here, I popped down to the 1st Choice bottlo to grab a carton of sparkling ale. I was thinking there's a test coming up and that's making it definitely at least a 6 pack day for (hopefully) each of 5 days; and I really do prefer drinking out of a nice glass rather than the stubby. So when I noticed some $14 gift packs (each with 4 stubbies and 2 branded glasses) I thought that didn't seem outrageous. I grabbed one each of the Boags Premium Lager and the Stella Artois (IMHO they may not be the best beers in the world, but they certainly are very drinkable and easy to enjoy).

So, I just wanted to make 2 points here. If anyone is interested in grabbing some I thought it was a pretty reasonable price. Secondly, I can't recall ever seeing Coopers beers in these sort of promotions. Perhaps they have in the past and found it not to be a viable way to spend their advertising dollar, or it doesn't fit into their marketing strategy or perhaps I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time. But thought I might mention it.

PS. I see in their online catalogue they have Heineken and Steamrail Gift Packs too at that price; as well as a Matilda Bay Taster "Briefcase" of 2 each of the Fat Yak, Beez Nees Wheat, Redback Wheat and Minimum Chips stubbies for $15.

• 8 months later...
... Secondly' date=' I can't recall ever seeing Coopers beers in these sort of promotions. Perhaps they have in the past and found it not to be a viable way to spend their advertising dollar, or it doesn't fit into their marketing strategy or perhaps I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time. But thought I might mention it...

[/quote']

Bumping this thread hoping for some feedback from the peeps at Coopers. I also can't recall ever seeing Coopers beers in glass gift pack combinations. I'd very much like to drink my Coopers homebrew out of some Coopers pints or other glass size. I have many beer glasses, both branded and plain, but would really like to add to that collection with some Coopers glasses.

My favourite beer glass has also just broken, it was a Powers branded 7 (7oz/Butcher/Glass) I inherited from my dad when he gave up the booze, sad days when you break your favourite glass crying

Archived