Coopers Community

Facebook Only Competition

ben 10

+1

Maybe I'm a bit cynical, but it makes you wonder how much Coopers actually care about their customers and their website to have a comp for Facebook users only.

Why bother having a dedicated website and stand alone forum and then go advertising and doing marketing and competitions on Facebook?

Having got all that off my chest I realize that this is all too common these days, it seems if you're not on Facebook you're a nobody, and the pressure to be on there to be part of the crowd (or herd of sheep), is very much akin to schoolyard peer group pressure.

Obviously there are some of us that are happy not to be part of the in Facebook crowd, and I think that makes us more valuable to society and to those who wish to market to us, as it shows we're happy to be individual and think for ourselves, rather than be force fed the opinion, attitude and "likes" of others and made to feel lesser if we don't concur with the majority.

F%$# Facebook!

PS - it only a matter of time before Facebook is passe, and people flock to some other social media site; it's a fad not a revolution, and not every fad is for everyone.

Hi all

We often run competitions across different social media and digital platforms.

Coopers regularly run Coopers Club and DIY specific competitions. In fact, we just announced the winner of the last DIY kit competition in last month’s Coopers Club e-mail.

This particular competition is designed to celebrate Christmas and reward our Facebook fans.

Happy festive season

Coopers

celebrate Christmas

But ignore us.

Thanks' date=' I understand now.

I expect this post and thread will be deleted in light of the attitude displayed by Coopers Brewery.[/quote']

Yeah probably.

In the meantime I've only done 2 brews that weren't Coopers can based.

That's about to change; I'd rather give my money to someone else considering Coopers cavalier attitude towards their loyal customers, website and forum users.

Facebook is for people who think that popularity, posting crap no one cares about, and screaming out look at me (figuratively) is a good thing.

I used to think Coopers distinguished themselves by being different to the megaswill makers; this Facebook comp and their lame explanation of why their doing it proves that they're no different, other than that they're an Australian family owned company.

That's not enough in my book to give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I may or may not continue to post on the forum; to participate in discussion with other brewers, but this has really tainted my experience, and left a bad taste in my mouth as a former loyal Coopers customer.

I think everyone's being a little bit precious about this one.

If it really means that much to everyone to go in this one comp that is specifically on Facebook, you could always just create a very basic, generic Facebook page in order to enter the comp,and then never use the profile ever again. Just because you have a Facebook page, doesn't mean you then have to use it all of the time. I've got plenty of friends who have Facebook pages that lay dormant for years at a time.

celebrate Christmas

But ignore us.

I expect this post and thread will be deleted in light of the attitude displayed by Coopers Brewery.[/quote']

Now, now. Calm down everyone. I think many here are missing the point. It's Christmas time. I think we should all take a deep breath and remember the Christmas Spirit. I've learnt a lot this year, after after watching the movie "Ted", I've discovered it's a time for the neighbourhood boys to get together and beat up the jewish kids.

D'oh

celebrate Christmas

But ignore us.

Yeah probably.

In the meantime I've only done 2 brews that weren't Coopers can based.

That's about to change; I'd rather give my money to someone else considering Coopers cavalier attitude towards their loyal customers, website and forum users.

Facebook is for people who think that popularity, posting crap no one cares about, and screaming out look at me (figuratively) is a good thing.

I used to think Coopers distinguished themselves by being different to the megaswill makers; this Facebook comp and their lame explanation of why their doing it proves that they're no different, other than that they're an Australian family owned company.

That's not enough in my book to give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I may or may not continue to post on the forum; to participate in discussion with other brewers, but this has really tainted my experience, and left a bad taste in my mouth as a former loyal Coopers customer.

A little over-dramatic Beeblebrox.

I love the firm commitment you are making to your stand in that you "may or may not" post on the forum. That'll show 'em tongue

I am not trying to offend you Beeblebrox, it just gave me a laugh.

I have to agree with you Hairy. It seems a little of an over reaction.

it's one thing to hate Facebook, but it seems a bit ridiculous to say that people on the Facebook page aren't customers of Cooper's. it may be a bit unfair to have the comp facebook specific, but i think theres a lot of preciousness in the thread as well.

Plenty of bands i like have toured recently and only played sydney and melbourne or whatever meaning i cant see them, but im not about to boycott listening to them and have a whinge fest about it.

It's good to see Coopers had a competition for those who recently bought a DIY fermenters kit, but hey, how often do you buy an FV?

Maybe a good next competition would be send in 5 brew can labels and go in the draw, or for every $50 spent on the online store you get an entry?

I know heaps of people who got a kit for a present, or bought one and just gave up as it took too long, or too fiddly etc, so those people never became a regular income stream, but for all the continual customers who buy the consumables this would be a nice way for the company to say thanks to the loyal patrons.

Anyway just a thought and merry ho ho to all.

I will still buy them regardless, as they are readily available, inexpensive and mainly have a good result (with a bit of tweaking)

Cheers MM

BTW I'd love to know what Mitsubishi man wanted to write.

• 3 months later...

Archived