Coopers Community

New Coopers DIY Beer iPhone App

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DIY Beer app users,

As you are aware, the DIY Beer app is currently unable to allow users to login/create accounts. This was due to an unforeseen technical fault and as such our app developers have been investigating possible solutions. Unfortunately due to a change in specification requirements from Apple, it seems the only way to resolve this login issue is to rebuild the app completely as it is not possible to update the current obsolete architecture to their specifications. Unfortunately this will require removing the app from the app store and retiring its current form. We intend to re-release the app in an updated format, however this will take some time as we wish to investigate the best possible option so it is accessible to all users. In the interim, for those who are currently logging their brew within the retired DIY Beer app, you can complete your brew log (and use for future brews) via the Coopers Club dashboard here.

We are seeking your input to assist us as we begin to investigate the various new interface possibilities. Please complete the survey below with your suggestions on what functionality you would like to see improved or added to the DIY Beer app.

We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Cheers,

Coopers DIY Beer

CLICK HERE TO BEGIN SURVEY

If you have any further questions please contact us at store@coopers.com.au; this survey is open from 10th March 2017 and will close 26th March 2017.

Downloaded the app but cant get into it comes up with a server error. Don't have a problem with any other servers so internet connection is good.

Kris, read the post above yours from Coopers mate.

Will Coopers be developing an android app in the near future?

Cheers,

Hoppy

• 2 months later...

Hi Coopers .. From a New Brewer and a Software Dev living in the Philippines, there are some great platforms out there to handle iOS, Android and Windows devices on the same code base (write it once, deploy on multiple platforms) .. Give me a hoy if you are interested in having a chat ..

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Off the track for a moment please. A Dark Ale brew was put down according to the instructions but the result was undrinkable .... a very bitter, acidic, vinigary smell and taste the result. Due to time conflict the brew was not bottled until 18 days after starting. SG was 1.03 when bottled, is it possible a brew can be left TOO long before bottling? Cheers BB

The new phone App sounds fantastic, & congratulations on it. smile

Unfortunately for me I won't be able to see it or use it. sad

Not everyone has bought into the iPhone/Android based phone revolution. I use a Windows system based mobile phone, that seems to miss out on a fair whack of the mobile phone based app technology/availability.

Hopefully some development in this area might be in the pipeline. unsure

Cheers,

Anthony.

18days is not ridiculously long, assuming you have kept the lid on all the while. Your description of the brew screams of infection. Pay particular attention to cleaning and sanitation when making your next brew.

Is my brew infected? - FAQ

Note: Coopers Sanitiser is currently not available but you should be able to get the active ingredient, Sodium Percarbonate at most good brewing stores.

I'm told that the developers are working on a website based, smart phone friendly app.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, sorry to say that the app is no longer available. sad

The website developers are looking to have a "smart phone friendly" application accessible on the new site. The timing for release of the new site is something I'm yet to hear about. sleeping

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all. I hope this post is still going it’s been up for 3 years  

Its 2 days after Xmas in Australia and from Santa I received my very first brewing kit. 

I jump on the Coopers YouTube start up a basic DIY vid and was told I could use an app to track my brews. 

Turns out I can’t fownload the app in my region?

Why does yiu very first post state that it’s avalable world wide? 

Non the less, would like to keep track of my brews but will just use pen and pad. 

If anyone here here has any alternative apps I’d be glad to hear your thoughts. 

3 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

Use an app called BrewTracker, very easy to use.

Cheers,
Hoppy

Cheers. 

I did find Brew Tracker, just wasn’t sure why all the Australian YouTube DIYs advertises the app but when you find a link it said “not avalable in your region”?

Using 2 apps at th moment and will work out which one is best. 

Thanks again. 

MADMaN

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Tonytwotoes said:

Hey there, doesn’t seem like there’s an app on the App Store. I spoke to iTunes customer Help on the 13th May 2019 and they agreed. It’s not there. Did you take it off or? 

I just want the app please!!

There’s no app and I believe there isn’t going to be one

• 10 months later...

Well Here we are in 2020

still no sign of an updated or android version of the app ?

Please bite the bullet and announce its death,

Oh and please Update the You tube / new user videos to Remove references to the app.

Screenshot (25).png