Coopers Community

My big rides (fomerly: "Maximum disappointment")

King Ruddager

Congrats mate' date=' great effort. At that pace you could slay the Indian Pacific Wheel Race in about 10 days!! [img']lol[/img]biggrincool

For the sake of comparison, Davin Harding was there and he managed 640kms to my 610. He only spent 1 hour stationary as well, to my two and a half.

• 3 months later...

So I don't enjoy running but I've been looking forward to doing a half marathon next weekend.

One week to go though and I can only hobble about the house on account of catching hand foot and mouth disease from my son's daycare. It's not exactly the best preparation ?

That’ll teach you for signing up to a half marathon KR!

i used to run, until I rediscovered the joy of two wheels about 4 years ago. Turns out I am much better suited to cycling than running. Bike/wheels/kit/etc is a bit more expensive than a pair of running shoes though!

2 hours ago, King Ruddager said:

So I don't enjoy running but I've been looking forward to doing a half marathon next weekend.

One week to go though and I can only hobble about the house on account of catching hand foot and mouth disease from my son's daycare. It's not exactly the best preparation ?

mate I feel ya. I caught HFM disease 2 years ago from my son. I honestly though that wass for cows only before I caught it.

got over it after 3 days but was under quarantine for a week just in case. Looked after the little fella at same time, he was bouncing off the walls and I was dying on the couch. Tough times

enjoy the marathon where abouts is it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...