Coopers Community

Coopers & Co "Botanic Ale"

ICzed

Hi guys.

I kept one bottle of this beer at the back of my fridge from the only batch made approx. 6 years ago. I never had any plans to open it, & thought maybe I'd offer it up for sale down the track due to it's limited numbers & unique collaboration between Coopers & the craft Lobethal Bierhaus brewery.

To heck with that theory. 🤣

Curiosity finally got the better of me about whether this beer would be any good to drink after 6 odd years in the bottle.

I was expecting all sorts of mediocrity & off flavours at best. I was wrong. It was delicious!

Delicious caramel, & nutty flavours with a good, if slightly effervescent carbonation & puffy head that could be expected after 6 years. Glad I cracked it. 🙂

Lusty.

BotanicAle-6yrsOn.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 9:51 PM, Beerlust said:

Hi guys.

I kept one bottle of this beer at the back of my fridge from the only batch made approx. 6 years ago. I never had any plans to open it, & thought maybe I'd offer it up for sale down the track due to it's limited numbers & unique collaboration between Coopers & the craft Lobethal Bierhaus brewery.

To heck with that theory. 🤣

Curiosity finally got the better of me about whether this beer would be any good to drink after 6 odd years in the bottle.

I was expecting all sorts of mediocrity & off flavours at best. I was wrong. It was delicious!

Delicious caramel, & nutty flavours with a good, if slightly effervescent carbonation & puffy head that could be expected after 6 years. Glad I cracked it. 🙂

Lusty.

BotanicAle-6yrsOn.jpg

Now that youve drunk it, i wouldve bought it for 500 bucks. 

• Haha 2